What's new

American Dreams coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Well like I said in my earlier post, Season 1 is still showing here, and it is in widescreen, so I don't know what is with the fullscreen. Hopefully its just an error and it is going to be in widescreen. If not, then I'm waiting to see if R2 gets the WS version, and if they don't, then I guess I won't get it at all :frowning:

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Well like I said in my earlier post, Season 1 is still showing here, and it is in widescreen, so I don't know what is with the fullscreen. Hopefully its just an error and it is going to be in widescreen. If not, then I'm waiting to see if R2 gets the WS version, and if they don't, then I guess I won't get it at all :frowning:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

You would think that, of all people, producer Dick Clark would want this to be historically accurate. Oh well. Since I'm in my early 20's, I suppose it won't bother me as much because I won't know any better.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

You would think that, of all people, producer Dick Clark would want this to be historically accurate. Oh well. Since I'm in my early 20's, I suppose it won't bother me as much because I won't know any better.

Mark To

Supporting Actor

1 - Dick Clark ONLY cares about money. So long as he's getting paid, he doesn't give a hoot.

2 - You, in your early 20s, are exactly the audience that the producers are aiming for. That is why they book all of these lame modern performers instead of showing the real thing. If you are old enough to see all of the historical mistakes then you are too old for them to care if you watch or not.

Mark To

Supporting Actor

1 - Dick Clark ONLY cares about money. So long as he's getting paid, he doesn't give a hoot.

2 - You, in your early 20s, are exactly the audience that the producers are aiming for. That is why they book all of these lame modern performers instead of showing the real thing. If you are old enough to see all of the historical mistakes then you are too old for them to care if you watch or not.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Well most people don't look the same as they did 40 years ago... Hell most of them are probably dead, so I don't really get your point.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Well most people don't look the same as they did 40 years ago... Hell most of them are probably dead, so I don't really get your point.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Yeah, you can't get the original performers, but I don't like most of the artists I've seen listed as recreating these performances. But perhaps it'll be tolerable since they're performing period music.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Yeah, its called videotape (or kinescope). So you can show the originals perform. Same way they show Dick Clark. Or do you think that he still looks the same 40 years later?

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
Well I might get this, but if I do it will be mostly for the artists that are featured. I've never seen the show, but like I said I may still pick it up.

StacyV

Second Unit
Thanks for the link Daniel. Just checked out some menu shots on dvdanswers.com earlier today, so now I'm really looking forward to this. The price: :thumbsdown: but I like the show enough to part with the small fortune it costs to get it.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
Sigh. Looks like it is going to be fullscreen after all. I think I'll pass on it, unless the R2 is widescreen.

It is too pricey for a fullscreen version of a show shot in widescreen :rolleyes

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Is anyone still watching this series. Today's episode was very strong.

BTW, I have the first season on DVD and despite it's lack of widescreen treatment it is well presented. I did, however, have a glitch on one of the episodes that froze in the middle of the track.

Does anyone know if season 2 will be coming out at all? If so will it be presented this time in widescreen?

Joel

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

Episode 115 - Disk 4 -(False Start). At 27 minutes it freezes and skips to 30 minutes. Trying to backtrack it goes back only to 27:45. I haven't tried it on my other players but this is on my Sony DVD-NC655P. Tried to go the disk doctor routine to no avail :frowning: .

The 'great' episode referred to last night's episode where JJ returned from Vietnam. Still hoping for season 2 and 3 to hit DVD and, of course, that this season will not be the end of the road for this groundbreaking series.

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks