American Dreams coming to DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jon Mahoney, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Jon Mahoney

Jon Mahoney Stunt Coordinator

Don't know if this was already posted, I didn't see it in a search. But on another message board I read someone posted this letter.

Dear Kelly,
    American Dreams will be released on DVD in the fall. Please
    feel free to check out our NBC website, nbc.com for any updates on
    personal appearances or any other American Dreams info.

Best,
    Heather Weingold

I personally can't wait for this to come out, although it won't be as good as the HD broadcasts! [​IMG]

2. Natalie F

Natalie F Stunt Coordinator

I can't believe no one commented on this!

Well I for one cannot wait for this to come to DVD. I'm not usually into this kind of stuff (non fantasy that is, I like Buffy, Angel and Charmed etc.), but for some reason I'm absolutely obsessed with watching this show.

I can't wait to here what kind of extras are going to be present. They just better release it in widescreen and hopefully with 5.1 sound (I'm assuming since its shown in HD that it will have 5.1 sound?).

Come to think of it, we should be hearing about extras soon if its coming out in (the North American) Autumn [​IMG]

3. Brooke

Brooke Stunt Coordinator

from TVshowsondvd.com

Pretty Pricey but I'm looking forward to this release (if it's widescreen). Our local network showed about 7 episodes and then pulled it so I'm looking forward to finally getting to see more of this great show.

4. Natalie F

Natalie F Stunt Coordinator

That sucks. They show it at 1pm on Saturday afternoons here so, and we're only almost finished the first season.

Bloody hell thats alot of money![​IMG] It should be widescreen considering the fact that they show it in widescreen only where I live. In fact I was surprised to find that it aired in 4:3 and 16:9 in the US. I thought it was like ER and only in 16:9.
    Thanks for the info Brooke.

5. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

American Dreams: Extended Music Edition Season One:

This seven-disc box set presents all 25 first season episodes (runtime 18 hrs 33 min) in fullscreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround. The episodes themselves feature extended performances not seen on TV from musical guest stars such as Usher, Kelly Rowland, LeAnn Rimes, Michelle Branch and many others.

Bonus features include audio commentary tracks from Dick Clark and series cast members, "Dick Clark Remembers" the superstars with rare footage from American Bandstand, a blooper reel, behind-the-scenes footage and a music video featuring Stacie Orrico and the American Dreams cast.

[​IMG]

6. Patrick Mirza

American Dreams: Extended Music Edition Season One:

This seven-disc box set presents all 25 first season episodes (runtime 18 hrs 33 min) in fullscreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround. The episodes themselves feature extended performances not seen on TV from musical guest stars such as Usher, Kelly Rowland, LeAnn Rimes, Michelle Branch and many others.

Bonus features include audio commentary tracks from Dick Clark and series cast members, "Dick Clark Remembers" the superstars with rare footage from American Bandstand, a blooper reel, behind-the-scenes footage and a music video featuring Stacie Orrico and the American Dreams cast.

[​IMG]

7. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I take it these modern musicians are performing period music? I really hope so for the sake of all humanity. [​IMG]

I've only ever seen a small snippet of this show, but I will want this. I'm a sucker for period stuff (Freaks & Geeks, The Wonder Years, Quantum Leap, etc.)

8. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I take it these modern musicians are performing period music? I really hope so for the sake of all humanity. [​IMG]

I've only ever seen a small snippet of this show, but I will want this. I'm a sucker for period stuff (Freaks & Geeks, The Wonder Years, Quantum Leap, etc.)

9. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Roughly. One of the worst parts of the show is that the episode of "...Bandstand" doesn't match up with the other historical events going on in the episode. All are recreations from "...Bandstand" episodes though.

10. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Roughly. One of the worst parts of the show is that the episode of "...Bandstand" doesn't match up with the other historical events going on in the episode. All are recreations from "...Bandstand" episodes though.

11. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Since I was Meg's age during this exact time period I have very vivid memories of those years and it also bugs me that the Bandstand are not in the right year as the show is supposed to be in. I have finally let this go and just started to enjoy the show. I am looking forward to purchasing this DVD set.

12. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Since I was Meg's age during this exact time period I have very vivid memories of those years and it also bugs me that the Bandstand are not in the right year as the show is supposed to be in. I have finally let this go and just started to enjoy the show. I am looking forward to purchasing this DVD set.

13. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Is this right?

Was it season 2 that started Widescreen and HD?

14. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Is this right?

Was it season 2 that started Widescreen and HD?

15. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I'm not sure where Patrick got "fullscreen" info from.

I just double-checked all through the Universal EPK, plus looked at the live info at their password-protected website. Nowhere does the studio say what the aspect ratio is.

I don't see the info at Amazon, DVDEmpire, DVDPlanet, or DDD either. I'm don't know what that's based on. Maybe Patrick can fill us in.

16. David Lambert

I'm not sure where Patrick got "fullscreen" info from.

I just double-checked all through the Universal EPK, plus looked at the live info at their password-protected website. Nowhere does the studio say what the aspect ratio is.

I don't see the info at Amazon, DVDEmpire, DVDPlanet, or DDD either. I'm don't know what that's based on. Maybe Patrick can fill us in.

17. Patrick Mirza

I'm only going to have this up for a short while, but here you are sweetness:

[​IMG]

18. Patrick Mirza

I'm only going to have this up for a short while, but here you are sweetness:

[​IMG]

19. David Lambert

Gotcha. Thanks, that was so small I overlooked it. They must be ashamed of it. But I updated my info to include that, and gave you credit, Patrick.

"Sweetness"? [​IMG]

20. David Lambert

Gotcha. Thanks, that was so small I overlooked it. They must be ashamed of it. But I updated my info to include that, and gave you credit, Patrick.

"Sweetness"? [​IMG]