What's new

American Dreams 4-27-03 (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Another compelling episode. This show has so many stories going on, you might miss something if you step out for a minute. Kinda makes you wonder what's going to happen next week. I thought for sure Henry was going to go off on his nephew Nathan. Someone mentioned weeks ago that they thought American Bandstand moved from Philly to Cali sometime around the mid sixties so it will be interesting how the writers work that into the series.Right now I believe the show is up to spring of 1964.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How many scene transitions were there that started with the dialog tailing the previous scene in this episode? Plenty.

I felt bad for Rox, BTDT. I still think Meg will come around and make things right with Rox.

Glad JJ came to his senses.

Patty's finally growing up a little bit. Her and Will have these very basic little stories that are actually endearing in a very uncomplicated way, but the moral of their stories always have the ring of reality to them.

Jack and Helen may be headed for more bumps in the road, but I think they'll weather the storm.

Henry's got his hands full in the midst of the burgeoning civil rights movement while trying to juggle the racial tensions of the day (and his neighborhood).

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
As much as he liked Colleen,JJ. felt wrong in his heart to be with her & I was glad to see JJ.and Beth come to realize how strong their love is for one another. It showed a level of commitment and values you rarely see anymore, but people are somehow searching for it. The show hits on some real hard issues that normal people can relate to. Definitely one of my favorite series this year.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Someone mentioned weeks ago that they thought American Bandstand moved from Philly to Cali sometime around the mid sixties....
Yes, AB moved to California in September 1964. If the show is renewed for next year that would coincide with the start of the new season. I'm not sure how close to the facts they will stay with this. They already have serious continuity errors by playing songs on AB that clearly came out later than the current time in 1964.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
This is just such a fine series. Perhaps the best currently showing.

Both the writing and editing are of a quality not often seen in TV. Last night’s episode (as has already been mentioned) has so many themes running concurrently that poorer writing would result in the individual storylines seeming forced or artificial. But this never seems to happen.

And considerable credit must be given to the cast. Patty is just priceless in her portrayal of a very precocious and bratty pre-teen, who is just able (on occasion) to rise above her self-centeredness.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoy this show as well. I was 15 in 1964 so I have vivid memories of the timeframe the show is taking place. Has anyone heard about the shows fate for next season?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks