What's new

American Dreams 3-9-03 Best Family Show on Sunday Night (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Wow, I thought Uncle Henry was going to go off on the nephew last night. Man when he does, look out! It's going to be nothing nice. This ought to get real interesting in the next couple of episodes. I think Henry's son sees through the cousin's rhetoric and has more sense to stay out of trouble. This show has been really good with being historically accurate with everything back then, the kids are getting a bit of a history lesson just by tuning in. Thumbs up!!

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
When this show started, I never imagined they'd get into the dueling philosophies of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X, but there it was last night. Cool stuff! :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I never imagined they'd get into the dueling philosophies of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X, but there it was last night. Cool stuff!
That was cool to see last night. Loving this show more than ever now that alot of the shows are in reruns for a month while this one has been new for the past few weeks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've started watching this show, and strangely enough, it's a nice vehicle for looking back 40 years and watching the seeds of change take root. I like the cast all around. Plus I'm a sucker for Gail O'Grady. I almost didn't recognize Joey Lawrence (I mean, Joseph Lawrence) on the show. Plus seeing Art Garfunkle a few episodes ago was kinda cool.

When they announced the concept of the show, I wasn't all that receptive to it, so I didn't watch it, but I will be doing my best to catching all the reruns of it to get caught up.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have been watching this show from the beginning. I remember this time well as a high school student from 1963 -- 1967. Since I remember the songs very clearly, it bothers me a little when they play 1965 songs in 1964, the year this show is set.

In real life, this show moved to Los Angeles in the fall of 1964. It will be interesting to see how the show will deal with this.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Marty - The Dave Clark Five's Catch Me if You Can? I caught that one too. Yuck! I do hope that was a mistake.

Glenn

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Glenn, I watch this show very carefully and will find a wrong year song about every other episode. Last episode had Keep On Dancing, another 65 song.

I can't understand why they don't pay more attention to these details. You would think with Dick Clark would have some say in this and get it right. I still enjoy the show and won't stop because of this.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Man, you guys are sharp! I heard the songs but didn't think about them chronologically. I'll have to watch for it. I tell ya, I really enjoyed one of the songs on there a couple of episodes back that one of the students sang and played a guitar to Meg's friend . It was well done whoever did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks