What's new

America DVDA-DTS problem (1 Viewer)

MikeD

Auditioning
I just bought this...great sound on DD but purchashed it because it showed it has a DTS format also.
I have a Pioneer DV-C36 (DTS) changer. I have no problem playing the DTS format on DVD Video's or DTS CD"S
When I play this America DVDA disk the changer does into DD mode. There is no audio format selection on the disk menu and I have no luck if I select DTS on the changer before or during playback.
Is it a bad DVDA or is the changer not compatible to play the DTS format on this disk? If the later is true, why do I have no problem playing DTS CD"S or the DTS selected audio format on Video's, such as Saving Priviate Ryan, T2, MIB ect?
Thanks,
Mike

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I'm not familiar with your Pioneer DVD player, but unless it's specifically a DVD-A player, I can see why it's playing in DD then. All regular DVD players that do not support DVD-A will likely play the disc as DD backward compatible.

MikeD

Auditioning
So in my case the the Pioneer DV-C36 (DTS) changer...not specifically for DVDA....It seems that I would be better off, if I had a choice of the same artist on DTS CD, DTS DVDA, or DTS DVDV, to choose either the DVD DTSV or the DTS CD. If that your opinon?

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Your player is simply not compatible with DVD-A discs. You could play any other format except for DVD AUDIO. DVD-a uses a higher sampling rate and needs to be connected through your 5.1 inputs on your reciever. You could either upgrade your DVD player or always make sure there is an alternat track such as DTS or DD so it could play on your Pioneer.

MikeD

Auditioning
Thanks ANTHONY-B for the respocse but...if you read my first post my Pioneer Elete changer does decode DTS and the America DVDA has a DTS format on it...so youR response of "alternat track such as DTS or DD so it could play on your Pioneer." does not make any sense to me...It seams that you did not read my first post that carfully.
Aslo you mention that the connections need to be through my unit must be 5:1 inputs....ah...I have 5:1 surround sound at home with 6 speakers...am I missing something here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks