What's new

Amelie Tin Set coming out in Japan looks Great- (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit

Just saw this posted elsewhere and thought US fans of this movie would be interested-
Unfortunately there are no English subtitles, but I am buying this purely as a collector's item (I already have the R2 release with English subs).
The surprise is that there appear to be a few extra little bits and pieces that may not have been included in the French edition. The contents of this set are:
- a teaspoon
- a fragrant candle in the shape of a creme-broulle
- a mouse pad
- letter/polaroids from the globe-trotting gnome
- postcards
- poster
- what appears to be a fridge magnet of the zorro suit
Note that at 8,400 yen this is not cheap, but it is limited to 15,000 copies and will no doubt be a very worthy addition to the collection of anyone into collectibles.
Have a look for yourself.
regards, Tim...
Check it out here-
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...870800-1881033
I have to agree with Tim and will be preordering one for myself.

Spero D.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Looks lovely Spero, but I can't seem myself spending the extra money just for the tin and the collectibles. However, I echo your sentiment about the nice box sets Japan gets (same deal with CDs), and wish they did something similar for the R1 release.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Nick: :emoji_thumbsup: :D
r.e. disc :frowning:
With shipping to the UK, this set would set me back £60. :eek: Shame. Not sure I can afford quite that pricey a set.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I love the film as well. But our currency equates to about 3 or 4 regular priced DVD's, Quite pricey. I would have considered it if the release had English Subtitles.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Actually if you are in NYC and don't care about subtitles, Kim's Video on St. Marks Place has the R2 tin in stock as well as the 3 disk LE of The Brotherhood of the Wolf
Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim131
Recent bookmarks