What's new

AMC's DVD-tv (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
If this is more germain to the tv section please move....
saw a spot on AMC for a new feature they are debuting on November 24th with the Albert Brooks movie 'Broadcast News'.
Dvd-tv.... not quite sure of all the details but it just looks like they play the bonus material found on the dvd followed by the movie. AMC's homepage doesn't offer may more details when you click on the DVD: TV Edition "Broadcast News" link
it says page cannot be displayed.
edit: actually just did a search and found more info here
It's DVD on TV (no player required)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
"It's DVD on TV. No player required." Love that. Does the DVD also contain commercial breaks and the AMC station-bug logo and the roughly 200 lines of resolution? :)

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
Since Broadcast News is a Fox title, will there be promotion touting the Full Screen presentation--complete with the "NO Black Bars" slogan? Since AMC shows fewer and fewer title in widescreen format, I watch little of this station anymore...

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Hmmm.... I don't believe my dvd of "Broadcast News" has any extras on it, I guess that will make it easier for them to show all of the extra features. I can see it already, A 2 minute Theatrical trailer with 28 minutes of commercial interruptions.

John_VI

Second Unit
AMC has gone to hell in my opinion. Commercials out the ying-yang and pseudo-classics, non-classics and never-gonna-be-classics, all shown in America's favorite aspect ratio. Pure crap. American Movie Crap!!

Shouldn't the network's title (American Movie CLASSICS) imply (hell, DEMAND) that the movies actually BE classics, and that they be shown in OAR? I always looked at AMC as being a place where movies were revered. No more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks