AMC hates my Tivo!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vickie_M, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

ARGH! It just happened again, for the nth time! I had my Tivo get an AMC program (Hollywood Fashion Machine: George Hurrell - glamour photographer) and it cut off the ending! This happens ALL THE TIME with AMC, be it Backstory, Behind the Screen and others. It happens on other channels too (Bravo is bad) but nothing like AMC.

What's their problem? How can I fix this short of giving up on AMC altogether? There's no option (that I've found) to stipulate adding a few extra minutes of recording time to everything I record on that channel. It's a pain in the butt to add on a few extra minutes to every single show I want to get on AMC separately.

And, where DO people talk about Tivo, anyway? I can't find a dedicated PVR space.

2. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

If you don't want to set a season pass for shows such as Backstory and pad that, you're pretty much stuck padding the individual recordings. This is just another one of the terrible recent changes there, and all it takes is one cut-off good movie to make you stop watching. [​IMG]
    As far as where to discuss Tivo, the Audio/Video sources here would be the appropriate place. If you *really* want to talk Tivo, the Tivo Community Forum is where the Tivo freaks hang out. [​IMG]

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Ah, but AMC is becoming such a moot point anyway.

4. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I know how you feel. The last 5-10 minutes of Farenheit 451 got cut off when I recorded it from AMC.

If you're recording from Fox, it'd be wise to pad an additional minute.

~T

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

7. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I recorded The African Queen with my ReplayTV (having never seen it before) and it got cut off right before the end.

I will assume that Bogart & Hepburn lived at the end, but it was very frustrating!