What's new

AMC Backstory (1 Viewer)

Caproni

Second Unit
Real Name
DRB
AMC Backstory is a documentary television series that airs on the American Movie Classics channel. Each episode typically runs around twenty-five minutes, and gives an in-depth look into the behind-the-scenes story of Hollywood motion pictures that drew controversy and problematic productions.

Below is the link to the episode of AMC Backstory featuring All About Eve, the 1950 glossy drama that has stood the test of time as one of the landmarks of classic cinema. The film features a cast of well-known names, such as Bette Davis, Anne Baxter, George Sanders, Celeste Holm, Hugh Marlowe, and Gary Merrill. Newcomers Marilyn Monroe and Barbara Bates also show up in the mix. All of these faces together make for a delicious cast of characters.

There are several episodes of this series on YouTube.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This series of documentaries were my favorites when they were being churned out. Fortunately, many of them have found their way to the DVD and/or Blu-ray releases of the movies they discuss. I never pass up a chance to watch them when I come across them even though I've seen them many times.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I agree, this was a great little series, and thanks to their willingness to license it out, a lot of episodes are available on disc as bonus features for the movies being profiled. They made the show at the right time when people were still around to talk about their experiences. I’m always happy to see it turn up on a disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moviefan88