What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
, the price of your AMC Stubs A-List™ monthly membership fee is changing to $24.95, effective on your first billing date on or after 11/1/22.

Sometimes it sucks being near a big city. ;)

It's going up $1 across the board, right?

I'm "2nd tier" pricing here in the DC area, and I'm going from $21.95 to $22.95.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
My A-list movie today was the David Bowie "documentary" Moonage Daydream. I would have preferred a more traditional documentary approach, with dates, album covers, some talking heads who know something about music and performance art, etc. Instead it's just Bowie talking and performing, mixed up chronologically, with all sorts of surreal stuff added in by the director. Bowie fans like myself can figure out what's going on, but for someone who doesn't know much about him I think they'd not only be somewhat lost, but somewhat turned off by it all. The song selection was also less than ideal from my pov. My rating: B

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
My A-list movie today was the David Bowie "documentary" Moonage Daydream. I would have preferred a more traditional documentary approach, with dates, album covers, some talking heads who know something about music and performance art, etc. Instead it's just Bowie talking and performing, mixed up chronologically, with all sorts of surreal stuff added in by the director. Bowie fans like myself can figure out what's going on, but for someone who doesn't know much about him I think they'd not only be somewhat lost, but somewhat turned off by it all. The song selection was also less than ideal from my pov. My rating: B

I did know what was going on but still found the movie largely unsatisfying.

I already chewed that fat in the dedicated thread, so I won't whine too much here! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Here is interesting analysis (not by me, but I find it fascinating) of an SEC filing against Movie Pass for their shady business practices.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Used A-List to see "Bros" today. Based on trailers and the talent involved, I thought it'd be a funny take on the rom-com.

Yikes, was I wrong. Billy Eichner creates one of the least likable characters imaginable for this sort of movie and rarely removes his apparently permanent scowl, even when the role is supposed to warm up.

Barely a laugh to be found. Just slow, tedious, trite and downright dull.

D-.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Congrats
It’ll be 24 years for me in April.

I still remember my first post. An audio issue with the DVD of Blade.

That is very cool! I wish I remember mine. IIRC, circa 96 or so, I used to post on a DVD or Laserdisc usenet group, then migrated over here.

When DVD came out in early 1997, I think that sparked a big interest in home theater, a lot more people got interested. I think it took it out of being a niche thing as it had been in the days of laserdiscs.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Maybe due to server migrations during the early years, and the newer forum software not playing nice with the previous database of posts.

I actually thought it was possible I lurked for a while and didn't actually post until 7/01, but since Tino's cutoff was the same, it's clear that's just where "old posts" end in terms of availability to us...

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
My A-list movie today was the mildly amusing murder mystery See How They Run. I liked Sam Rockwell, Saoirse Ronan, and the rest of the cast. Rockwell's British accent wasn't quite convincing from my pov, but he was still good. The movie was nicely made. My rating: B

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Out in Vegas last week and went A-List nuts: 6 movies in 4 days!

(Before anyone gives me crap that I spent so much of my trip at theaters: this was my 5th trip to Vegas in 4 years. I don't gamble, I don't drink, and I've done all the tourist stuff. So there! :D)

What I saw:

-Halloween Kills: B-
-Don't Worry Darling: C-
-Smile: C-
-Woman King: B-
-Ticket to Paradise: C
-Black Adam: B

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Out in Vegas last week and went A-List nuts: 6 movies in 4 days!

(Before anyone gives me crap that I spent so much of my trip at theaters: this was my 5th trip to Vegas in 4 years. I don't gamble, I don't drink, and I've done all the tourist stuff. So there! :D)

What I saw:

-Halloween Kills: B-
-Don't Worry Darling: C-
-Smile: C-
-Woman King: B-
-Ticket to Paradise: C
-Black Adam: B
Interesting you Gave Black Adam your highest rating. I’ve head nothing but bad things about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks