What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (2 Viewers)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if AMC will allow people to pause the recurring charges for A-List for the duration of this situation. I can't imagine most people wanting to go to the movies even once a week during this, between the coronavirus fears and the movies being pushed because of it.

Can't you just end your membership for the duration and restart it when you choose?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Can't you just end your membership for the duration and restart it when you choose?

Technically AMC has either a three or six month waiting period if you cancel before you can resubscribe, but I imagine under the circumstances they’ll be happy to waive that and have the business back.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Technically AMC has either a three or six month waiting period if you cancel before you can resubscribe, but I imagine under the circumstances they’ll be happy to waive that and have the business back.

I thought their requirement was that your initial membership commit to 6 months of the program, a factor to ensure people don't just sign up for a month, quit, and sign up again when they feel like it.

But you could be right - they might make you wait to join again when you quit, even if you were a member for a year or more!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I thought their requirement was that your initial membership commit to 6 months of the program, a factor to ensure people don't just sign up for a month, quit, and sign up again when they feel like it.

But you could be right - they might make you wait to join again when you quit, even if you were a member for a year or more!

It’s both - a three month commitment to start and then a waiting before being allowed to re-enroll after cancellation.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It’s both - a three month commitment to start and then a waiting before being allowed to re-enroll after cancellation.
Something tells me they might have to revisit those rules as I see many people opting out without any plans for returning to movie theaters anytime in the near future.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Something tells me they might have to revisit those rules as I see many people opting out without any plans for returning to movie theaters anytime in the near future.

Completely agree. They’ll be happy to welcome people back when they’re ready to return. It would be to no one’s benefit to enforce the letter of the law in terms of this rule at this time.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The solution is simple. Just invent a "pause" feature, which would allow people to pause the recurring monthly payment for the duration of the current situation. Then, whenever the virus situation has calmed down, allow them to resume without penalty. At least that's what I would do.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve been trying to cancel my A List membership for the last 3 hours with no success. Waited over an hour on phone and was disconnected. Waited over an hour to chat and was disconnected.

Pissed.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
They were the last theater chain open, so this was only a matter of time. I'm jut shocked the tried to hold out as long as they did.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Honestly, I wish there was a way for me to authorize AMC to keep charging me for A-List during this shutdown. A-List has been such a boon for me, and I understand AMC was struggling financially even before the virus, so I want to do what I can to help the program, and the company, survive.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Good to know. Our Cinemark theaters here are the only ones that are still open, so it's not a nationwide shutdown yet. But I can't imagine what is taking them so long to declare one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks