What's new

Ambiance DVDs (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Does anyone know of any DVDs that are for ambiance? Examples are: 2 hours of a view of the ocean with the beach sounds in 6.1 surround sound, or a thunderstorm, or a view over a lake in the woods with the sounds of the trees and birds.
I enjoy these sounds in movies and I think it would be cool to have a 2-hour DVD in surround sound playing in the background.
Dave

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Hey Thanks Joe, some of those look pretty interesting. Does anyone own any of those or can anyone recommend any in particular?

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I bought the Natural Splendors Collection 1-3 when they were on sale:

This was an impulse buy, but they do have pretty pictures and soothing sound. I haven't watched them all the way through. I just couldn't pass them up for $6.49. (Yes, its a sickness.)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I have this cool Image DVD called EARTHLIGHT; it's images of the earth shot from the space shuttle, set to 5.1 music. I use it to warm up my CRT-RPTV before a movie.

I hit "play all, continuous loop" and I can just let it go for hours.

Do any of these other ambient DVDs have that kind of menu-driven feature?

MC

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
My wife picked some up about national parks. I've not watched them yet, the ones we have (there are three) are for Yellowstone, Bryce & Zion and Glacier National Park. Anyway, I believe they're just shots of the parks with music. Put out by Image Entertainment.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The DVDs at DVD International are close to what I am looking for. I was hoping for something all natural with out music though. Just the sun setting out over the ocean with only the sound of the pounding waves (lots of bass) and an occasional seagull (flying around the 6.1) or a really cool thunderstorm with rolling thunder (rumbling floor and lighting ling). The DVDs did look interesting enough that I will probably try a few.
Thanks,
Dave

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
That's a very good idea drobbins. I was in Ireland a few months ago and as we were touring around the coast I was thinking how awesome it would be to buy one of the new consumer HD camcorders and shoot a bunch of footage of the coast and various other places over there and then put together a nice DVD. The scenery over there is unbelievable.

I think I would be out of luck as far as mastering it in DD 5.1 though as I don't know of any consumer software that will do that.

I am moving there in the spring so hopefully one day I'll be able to do it!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, I would LOVE to get my hands on some dvd's like the one's you've described, Drobbins!

With all of the explosions, car chases and whizzing bullets used for most dvd demo's, it would be incredibly refreshing to use the outstanding audio capabilites that dvd has to offer for something like this!

I want some! :emoji_thumbsup:

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
If you make a dvd of the ocean off Ireland, be sure to let us know.
I love to watch nature in all is fury. I am the type to stand outside and watch during a severe weather warning and enjoy the show. One of the most awesome sounds is sheet lightning as it spreads out in all directions.:D
Lots of movies use these audio tracks in the back ground, I am hoping to find a DVD that can give my 6.1 an exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks