AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON.... anybody get it yet?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Craig Beam, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    Thoughts? How's the transfer? Audio? Supplements? What'd ya pay? I've thus far been unable to find it locally...

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i havent watched mine yet but the local bestbuy had about 10 of them tuesday when i bought it.

3. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I'm in the same boat. I bought it at Best Buy on Tuesday for $14.99 but have not cracked the shrinkwrap yet. Sorry I can't help with a review yet.

4. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

It's good-- while I wish there was writer/director commentary, all of the extra deleted/TV footage made this an easy double-dip for me. Transfer and sound are good, but not great (were you expecting that much). Worth a purchase if you're a fan.

5. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I can't remember....was the original release P&S? The new one is widescreen, right?

6. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Right.

It's nice to see the original composition in some of the shots.

Oh! Ray! You're the best!
    [​IMG]

7. Sergio A

Sergio A Stunt Coordinator

It's a decent enough transfer, but I also wish there had been some commentaries -also, I remembered that there was an alternate version of the "plaything of the month" sketch with the actress wearing underwear which would have been nice to have too -

A fun view, none the less - the Ed Begley Jr INVISIBLE MAN still cracks me up

Sergio

8. Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez Screenwriter

9. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

This is one of the few movies I may have to get on DVD even though I already have the Laser. However, it's so funny to watch the "Video Pirates" sketch on LaserDisc. Who wants those? You can't record on 'em! They're not compatible with my system!

10. BrianJau

BrianJau Agent

I've had the network TV version of the movie on tape for a while. The TV cut includes the "Peter Pan Theater", "French Ventriloquist Dummy", and the introductory part of the wake/roast sketch with Robert Picardo meeting the wife. All 3 scenes are included on the DVD. There's an additional sketch in the TV version, a morning show parody called "AM Live" or something like that, about a fashion show with clothes created entirely from food. This isn't on the DVD. Then there are the sketches that are different because of censorship, the "Pethouse Video" with the Pet in underwear instead of nude, and "Bullshit or Not" becomes "Baloney or Not" in the TV version. I had never seen the "Unknown Soldier" sketch, which is included on the DVD...the quality of it is pretty poor though, and it's not that funny. The outtakes seem to be in better shape than the deleted scenes.

11. Paul.Mc

Paul.Mc Agent

I'm working from memory here, based on the last time I saw the film on a "free" channel, but I think the "Baloney or Not" changes are an obvious overdub change (not a reshoot) for the TV version.

12. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

I love this movie, and eagerly wanna double-dip, but I know how the DVD stores are in my area, so I probably won't even bother with them...

"Hello? Ain't no fuckin Thelma here!! No the bitch don't live here!! Fuck you too!!!!"