What's new

Amazon STINKS now (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered some fox tv dvd box sets that were on sale. When they arrived one was damaged and had loose discs that were scratched. I sent it back and had to wait over 2 weeks for a replacement to be sent. The replacement arrived in a flat box with no padding. Since this was shipped UPS (how I loath those bastards) it was damaged as well. Now they are telling me they can't ship another replacement and have offered a refund. This all smacks of bullshit. I bet because it was on sale (Dark Angel season one for $14.99) they do not want to issue a replacement. I have been contacting them through email but am thinking about calling and giving them a piece of my mind.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Jay, call Amazon customer service at 1-800-201-7575. Talk to supervisor Brian at the W. Virginia call center or leave a message for him. I also found out the EXACT reason they are NOT shipping you a replacement boxset(so far). If you have a 2nd item arrive damaged after the first item was also damaged, they will cancel that specific item and refund you your money. If an item has been shipped twice and been damaged twice, the chances of it arrriving unscathed the 3rd time, in their opinion, are extremely low. If you call specifically and ask again, they will ship another one to you. Try again and follow what I said. I have it on pretty good authority:).

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
Well I called the CS number and the woman was no help at all. She basicly said the exact same thing the emails said and seemed to care less.:thumbsdown:

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT I'll ever order from this pathetic company again.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon itself. Had one bad one with a Marketplace seller, but Amazon refunded the money.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well I agree they stink. Took away the extra cash thing, (forget what that was called). Then they took away STL. Haven't had any good coupons for ages.

I think they will wind up going under, it's only a matter of time.

TimGregis

Grip
Amazon stinks

I ordered a web cam back on 12/05/04 I received it two days later. A month after receiving it I get an e-mail from them saying that they need payment. At first I thought it was a scam so I looked through my credit card statements and could not find the transaction. So I called their center and they told me that all they could do was to send an email to their billing department and someone would get back to me within four days. Well four days go by and no response, now understand, I have the item that they say they need paid for. So I call back again and they tell me the reason why they need payment is because my credit card company disputed the charges. OK I figure that MBNA must have thought it was an abnormal charge. I was still confused because both MBNA has always called my cell phone anytime they see suspicious charges and get verbal authorization from me. Well to make an even longer story short it took five phone calls for me to GIVE them money. I had to hound them to accept payment! It is not even settled yet, but I got a rep that said he would follow the account until he saw resolution. Tonight I received an e-mail saying they have charged my account but my MBNA card is still showing no pending authorizations. Their lack of customer service I can honestly say has driven me away. This is my first bad experience but it is bad enough to make me very leery. Most companies would be happy to take money form someone who is willing to give it, not Amazon. What really bugged me is that they removed their customer service phone number from the web site. I wanted to call from work one day and I could not gain access to my personal e-mail to retrieve the phone number. I ended up having to call their investor relations number and hound that guy to get the customer service phone number.

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
A couple of weeks ago I bought Leon + Fifth Element using their "buy X + Y at an additional $5 off" promotion. After the order shipped I realized the discount had not been applied. I e-mailed them and they issued a refund. When I checked my CC I saw the refund was like 8 cents less than what I had been overcharged originally. I complained again and got a $10 gift certificate.

Moral of the story: sure they sometimes make mistakes, but are always willing to correct them and then some. I even felt bad for having gotten $10 in exchange for whining, so I wanted to donate them through their site to the Red Cross Tsunami relief effort, but could not find the link anymore :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks