What's new

Amazon starts Black Friday Web Site. WIll you be sitting at the computer every four hours waiting f (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Mark-P said:
Yeah, this year is looking like a bust for me. Most of the stuff on that list that I'm interested in I already have. I'll probably only pick up The Prisoner Blu-ray box. They have Brave on there twice but neither is the 3D version. :( in fact there is not a single 3D title for the whole sale!
Best Buy has 38 3D titles for $14.99, 30 for $19.99

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That's been my feeling with the ads this year too. I'm glad Amazon is PMing those few items for which I have interest. I just realized that Big Bang Theory lightning deal is around 2am for me so I'll be staying/getting up for that one but it'll be an easy one to do. Unless my daughter guilts me into going out with her it'll be a nice sleep-in day!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I held off on a lot of TV on Blu purchases figuring that Amazon would have extensive deals like they've had in the past. It looks like that was a mistake, because none of the titles I'm interested in appear to be on sale.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I had to go look at the sale list a second time....

Nothing to see here. This is an abysmal assortment of bargain titles.

I agree with Adam that I'll be enjoying the time that
I don't have to sit in front of my computer trying to
beat someone else out on an Amazon deal.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
BobO'Link said:
If anyone wants a non-referal link use thishttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1
Hahahah, HTF adds their referral munging on top of all Amazon links here. I have complained about this in the past and believe it is unethical and possibly illegal, but there it is.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Sam Posten said:
If anyone wants a non-referal link use thishttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1
Hahahah, HTF adds their referral munging on top of all Amazon links here. I have complained about this in the past and believe it is unethical and possibly illegal, but there it is.
True... I should have probably said without an offsite referral attached.
It doesn't bother me that HTF adds a referral since it help supports the site. I'm sure it's done through Amazon as it's a very common practice with many sites.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
What's wrong with it? It helps keep the site free, and allows Ron and Adam and Kevin to be more selective in the ads they accept so we don't have full screen flash ads polluting every page.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Sam Posten said:
I think you are out-of-line here, Sam. There is nothing wrong for an indirect revenue stream as painless as linking to Amazon. It keeps the site going.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I will try to get "It Takes A Thief" and maybe the Abbott and Costello Collector's Edition. I already have the first set that was released, but I understand this set has a lot better video quality, so I'm thinking I might upgrade.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The only thing that looks mildly interesting to me is Brave. I was just going to rent it. but for that price I may buy it... if I remember.
I am not a Black Friday store shopper. You couldn't pay me to get up that early and deal with those crowds.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Reviewing my calendar this morning, I noticed Amazon dropped the price of LotR by another $10. $39.99 for the extended editions starting soon. (And Harry Potter 5-7 on the PS3...)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I jumped on that deal the minute it went live. Got one more today to get and then I can sit back...until tomorrow...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know how many copies of each item are available for lightning deals? I refreshed my browser right at 3:20 EST/12:20 PST on an item and it went right from the countdown to 100% claimed.
EDIT: Fortunately, I got it off the waitlist.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I snagged a copy of LOTR Blu for my son (he wants to upgrade the Extended Version DVD sets he's had since they came out) and a few video game deals. I expected LOTR to go OOS in just a minute or two and was surprised that it was available for over an hour before selling out. The one item that completely caught me off guard was We Bought a Zoo. My daughter-in-law wanted that one and I didn't think it would sell out for at least a couple of hours, if at all. Holy cow! It went in minutes! Fortunately I snagged a copy from the waitlist so I don't have to go searching for another deal.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
BobO'Link said:
The one item that completely caught me off guard was We Bought a Zoo. My daughter-in-law wanted that one and I didn't think it would sell out for at least a couple of hours, if at all. Holy cow! It went in minutes! Fortunately I snagged a copy from the waitlist so I don't have to go searching for another deal.
That was the unnamed item I was talking about. Literally, by 12:21 PST it was gone. Like you, I was saved by the waitlist.
In order to get the Super Saver Shipping, I picked up "Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season" on Blu-Ray. I was hoping that would be one of the $9.99 or $11.99 deals, but that's still a price that makes me very happy. I got both We Bought a Zoo and "Fringe" on Blu for $28.03 shipped after taxes. Not bad at all.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I had a little issue with the Harry Potter 5-7 Lego game. Clicked the button at 9:19 am (started at 9:10 am) and it was gone. I got on the wait list and...bam...no problems.

Haul so far: LotR Extended, Lego Harry Potter 5-7, Godfather Trilogy. Next up: The Prisoner and Green Lantern 3D tomorrow. I'm finding other things to add to orders later in the week, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks