What's new

Amazon Shipped My GODFATHER on the release date, WTF! (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Is this some new policy with them? I preordered this months ago and they shipped it yesterday per the UPS tracking info. Normally these arrive just on or right after the movie's release date but they have never shipped on the exact date? Anyone else not get their's yet from Amazon?
redface.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

George Cifrancis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Amazon quite often would wait and mail my pre-orders on the released date. That is why I dropped them over a year ago and went with DVDEmpire.com. I got my Godfather in the mail yesterday. Sometimes I even get mine a day before the street date. I highly recommend them.
George C.
------------------
George Cifrancis
cifrancis.com
jessicasteen.com

Stephen L

Second Unit
If I order a new relase from Amazon I always get it on the friday or Saturday after
icon13.gif
the release date.I don't use them anymore unless it is a very good deal and those a very few & far between.
------------------
Steve

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Same thing with my Amazon order for Air Force 1. My CDNow order for The Godfather shipped last week, but hadn't arrived as of Tuesday.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Don't feel too badly -- I ordered mine through Barnes & Noble (got a great deal with coupons, etc) and, as of this morning, they haven't shipped it yet.
frown.gif

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
I had to order mine from Amazon, as I am a college student without a car. Mine also shipped yesterday. I've been waiting for these movies since I got my first DVD player, and THIS IS ABSOLUTELY KILLING ME! I have a midterm in about 90 minutes, but how am I supposed to concentrate?
eek.gif

All you Amazon customers are not alone. I feel your pain!
Derek

Britton

Screenwriter
This is all I can say about Amazon: just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in (with coupons, Share the Love, etc).

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Does any one have that lard biscuit quote handy about ordering on-line for price versus buying retail for timeliness?
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
I guess you haven't used Amazon before? They always do this. I don't understand why anyone would order from them. DVDPlanet is far better. I absolutely hate Amazon for this reason.

Well, normally when I order from Amazon, I have the same experience. A title that is released on Tuesday, normally gets to me on Thur or Fri. However, for some reason the Godfather Collection that I ordered from them arrived yesterday 10/9! Needless to say I was amazed. I doubt this well become a regular event though. Maybe they shipped by when you pre-ordered. I placed mine the day it became available, which I don't do for most releases.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I stopped online buying when 2 things happened.
1. The coupons and discounts dried up.
2. They started to ship product on street date.
I walked in to Best Buy on Tuesday morning and happily grabbed Godfather and Snow White right off the shelf.
No waiting by the mailbox until Thursday for me.
I can't understand why they wouldn't ship on Friday so that you would have it on release date. At least do that when shipping to the other coast.
Doug

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
The Godfather Collection is the only order I have ever received from Amazon on street date. I usually have to wait a week for my Amazon orders.

bill lopez

Second Unit
Look what happened to me. I ordered with coupons for a total of $65.44. Tuesday I get an e-mail that it's been shipped for $79.91! I had to call them up and straighten it out.

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
I also ordered mine on the day it became available. I guess I'll stop by the post office on my way back from class to see if maybe I got lucky. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!
Derek

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
They still ship it on Mondays to me -- except when something like a Columbus Day leaves them no choice but to wait till USPS goes back to work
wink.gif

TimG

Second Unit
I have to agree with the others. Amazon always got me new releases on the Fri. or Sat after the release date. That is one reason I don't order from them anymore. Unless they send me a good coupon.
biggrin.gif

Tim

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I ordered my copy from them on 6/30 and they haven't shipped it yet so consider yourself fortunate. I'm not too upset since I just got the Simpsons set and it will be enough of a challenge working that one in, what with the baseball playoffs being on.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
It is amazing that Amazon is shipping on release date. They have often sat on things 2 or 3 days AFTER there system acknoledged discs were instock (and I was using the ship seperately option). I've had customer service volunatarily update shipping to overnight for free and the warehouse would still wait 2 days to ship!
In theory, since it takes a min of 1 day to deliver mail of any type, Amazon could ship all Tuesday preorders Monday. They could charge your credit card Monday and start collecting intrest on that money a day sooner and have to warehouse the disc 1 day less. But hey don't do this. And people wonder why they never show a profit.
On anime titles they are often a month behind when they are released. So I've been giving most of my anime business to BestPrices.com. They semm to be much more reliable. And have lower prices. If only they'd do coupons.
Peter

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
In the past Amazon would always ship on the release date.
But my last 20+ orders, Amazon has shipped on the Friday or Saturday before release date.
My Godfather order shipped on the 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks