What's new

Amazon Service Standards? (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
My last two orders with Amazon US have been a little odd- the one that arrived a week or so ago never had any change to the "Usually ships in 24 hours, or 3 days" messages associated with each item in the order, but was not shipped until more than a week after the "estimated ship date"

My current outstanding order doesn't even have any "usually ships" statement about any of the 5 disks in the order.

Has Amazon removed even that customer friendly piece of info from the site's operation?

:frowning:

John Watson

Screenwriter
Well, to answer my own question, it seems so.

I checked back several time for order status (original order for 5 disks placed 29 July) , and there was no detail about any disks. Estimated shipping was however given as 6-7 August.

As of late Aug 8, a partial shipment was made with one disk not available. Amazon indicates it will still try to get that disk. (Back on their site, the disk concerned still is identified as "usually ships in 4 days")

Perhaps they are hoping to forestall those of us who cancel the unavailable disk(s) from an order, so as not to hold up the shipment?

John Watson

Screenwriter
Its for sure!

My most recent received order was put togther and shipped very quickly, but one placed two days ago, for 6 disks, several of which were described as usually ships in 4-5 days, as well as some that usually shipped within 24 days, now shows as expected shipping date 22 September.

But the order status page gives me no clue as to which of the disks in my order might be responsible for such a delay, which discourages me from manipulating the content to have an earlier delivery :frowning:

Since one of the supposed advantages of this automated world is "information where and when required", I'm disappointed in this reduction in information for the customer. :thumbsdown:

John Watson

Screenwriter
Well, here it is, over a year later, and those service standards seem to have declined further.

I have had several instances of orders not being filled by the posted date, with no explanation.

The most recent, an order for 6 cd's that Amazon posts as should ship by 17 February 2005, has not been acted on at all.

No message from them as of 20 February, and no action discernible at the "Order Status" page.

I cancelled the order tonight, and will replace the order a few days from now.

But I'm starting to think I will not be relying on Amazon as much in future.

:frowning:

Matt-Z

Stunt Coordinator
I am having a similar expirience with Amazon concerning some photographic equipment that I ordered. However, when I have a problem and need to make a return, I know there won't be a problem. But I guess that only makes sense on big ticket items. For cd's and stuff, I can see why it would be frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks