What's new

Amazon Repackaging Boxed Sets? Missing DVD Inserts? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Recently, I ordered Charlie's Angels Seasons 1-3 from Amazon. Cost me around $45 for all three seasons. At any rate, when I received my order, I noticed that Charlie's Angels Season 1 was not just missing the DVD inserts (the wraparound DVD cover that is included with each DVD that includes cover artwork and an index listing of episodes and sometimes plot information).

Not only that, but the DVD cases weren't even the original cases. They were multicolored and had a rough texture (used DVD cases). In addition, the DVD's themselves were mismatched. While they were all from Season 1, the DVD's had mixed artwork. When studios manufacture their DVD's, sometimes they alternate the DVD artwork, but, the DVD's in each set generally, 99% of the time, all match up. Only two DVD's didn't match the artwork of the other DVD's.

This is the first time that I've become aware that maybe Amazon is repackaging DVD's and leaving out the original DVD inserts. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not complaining as this is the first time I have had an issue with Amazon. Overall, their service is the best.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen this with any of my Amazon orders but I rarely order bundled multi-season sets. I wonder if the problem is more common with those types of TV/DVD set orders?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You missed my point. This wasn't a multi-season bundled package. I ordered the separate seasons of Season 1,2 and 3.

I hate ordering multi-bundled sets.

At any rate, the Season 1 that I received appears to have been repackaged .... and missing vital materials that should have been included with the set.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The Season 1 I bought a few years back doesn't have artwork on the dvd boxes. It's 5 boxes that go from purple to clear. They are kept together by a sticker over all the spines. The artwork on the discs has two with the trio and each one gets a solo disc shot. It's not a pretty packaging job from Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

Recently, I ordered Charlie's Angels Seasons 1-3 from Amazon. Cost me around $45 for all three seasons. At any rate, when I received my order, I noticed that Charlie's Angels Season 1 was not just missing the DVD inserts (the wraparound DVD cover that is included with each DVD that includes cover artwork and an index listing of episodes and sometimes plot information).

Not only that, but the DVD cases weren't even the original cases. They were multicolored and had a rough texture (used DVD cases). In addition, the DVD's themselves were mismatched. While they were all from Season 1, the DVD's had mixed artwork. When studios manufacture their DVD's, sometimes they alternate the DVD artwork, but, the DVD's in each set generally, 99% of the time, all match up. Only two DVD's didn't match the artwork of the other DVD's.

This is the first time that I've become aware that maybe Amazon is repackaging DVD's and leaving out the original DVD inserts. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not complaining as this is the first time I have had an issue with Amazon. Overall, their service is the best.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
That's a bunch of crap. Hopefully, the replacement copy that Amazon is sending me will be a newer version of the set. There were some damaged disk as well as the packaging problem ... this is so messed up that Sony would make a grievous error like this.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
does it look like the packaging on Amazon's site?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00008WJEZ/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

It doesn't seem like Sony reworked the original packaging from 6 years ago.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I purchased Charlie's Angels season one when it first came out six years ago--and the packaging sucked! The 5 discs were stored in plain, clear multi-colored slim cases with no sleeve artwork inserts. It did come with a separate brochure-type episode guide sheet.There was an outer box to hoild all the cases together.
Here's the picture from the link that Corey3rd provided:

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

Hopefully, the replacement copy that Amazon is sending me will be a newer version of the set.
Your replacement will have the exact same packaging. Hopefully, no damaged discs this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
servergmr
Recent bookmarks