What's new

Amazon Prime- Shipping (1 Viewer)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Jason_V said:
So this really isn't a Prime horror story...it's a vendor who uses Prime horror story...right?

If anything, this is a positive story from an Amazon perspective. They did everything they could to help you and you walked away a happy customer.
Yes. That is my entire point. Thank you for condensing it.

(Jeebuz, people just don't get me.)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Cameron Yee said:
Emoticons are helpful in getting across a point, especially if it's withering sarcasm.
Naah. Emoticons are a crutch. ;) I much prefer to (try to) get my message across with words alone.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
No problem, Jason. Many times I try to be clever, but wind up just communicating something besides what I mean. If no one points it out, I'll never get any better.

So go ahead and :D

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Jason_V said:
I totally didn't get the sarcasm at all. Obviously. :blush:
Dheiner said:
No problem, Jason. Many times I try to be clever, but wind up just communicating something besides what I mean. If no one points it out, I'll never get any better.

So go ahead and :D
It's ok, Sheldons, we understand. ;)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Woah, look at what Rick Klau just spotted!
ByqUkKnIMAAtFW0.png

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The credit has been around for a bit for mp3s, but I didn't know about the book credit. I don't use mp3s, but this one would entice me.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've seen (and accepted) the offer for Instant Video credit. It seems like they are rotating the type of offer.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Anyone ever get something shipped all the way across the country by truck? It's called UPS Ground, I know, but jeez why did they ship my soundbar by freaking truck 3000+ miles? The ONE thing I've needed badly in a reasonable time I have to sit around and wait for. I can't even track this thing. I got rid of Prime earlier this year because of the skyrocketing prices for some Blu-rays but sometimes I wish I still had it. I'm beginning to think Amazon did it on purpose to get me to sign up for Prime again.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think ups ground or it's equivalent is what most companies use, when the customer is not paying for expedited shipping. I've found it to be the rule, and not the exception.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
cineMANIAC said:
Anyone ever get something shipped all the way across the country by truck? It's called UPS Ground, I know, but jeez why did they ship my soundbar by freaking truck 3000+ miles? The ONE thing I've needed badly in a reasonable time I have to sit around and wait for. I can't even track this thing. I got rid of Prime earlier this year because of the skyrocketing prices for some Blu-rays but sometimes I wish I still had it. I'm beginning to think Amazon did it on purpose to get me to sign up for Prime again.
UPS Ground is not trucked cross country. It is trucked to a UPS Rail facility, trained, in a sorted container, to the UPS railhub nearest to the destination facility, trucked to that facility, then deliverd by a brown step van.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Dheiner said:
UPS Ground is not trucked cross country. It is trucked to a UPS Rail facility, trained, in a sorted container, to the UPS railhub nearest to the destination facility, trucked to that facility, then deliverd by a brown step van.
I did not know that. Makes sense.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'd accumulated a number of promotional credits for selecting No Rush, but Amazon doesn't have a way to show the balance of those credits since they have an expiration date. I wound up buying an e-book I have wanted for some time to just see if the promotional credits would apply. They were, fortunately, but they need a way to show what you've accumulated.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That is one thing that always has bugged me about Amazon, Cameron. I've received promotional credits in the past and forgot about them, only to be surprised when they got applied to a future order.

I just took advantage of the delayed shipping today for a Christmas gift my wife wanted me to order for a family member. The item will still be here next week, far in advance of the holiday, so I figured -- why not?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, in most cases the items have arrived a day or two later – not a significant difference in time.

The main wrinkle has been more the method of shipment, since if they use the UPS to US Mail thing then there's a chance I'll have to go to post office to pick up the package in person because USPS process doesn't allow things (that don't fit in the mailbox) being left at the house if no one is home (unless it's the holidays, apparently).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks