What's new

Amazon Press Release: UPLOAD (Digital) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
9b1e98fd-2c06-4af0-b1d8-ae1c305eb0bd.jpg
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
4811e4bc-b9ec-426c-98a4-1771afd27546.png
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

Amazon Prime Video’s Upload Virtual Premiere Q&A

Hosted by Late-Night Talk Show Personality Conan O’Brien

Panelists:
Emmy Award Winning creator Greg Daniels and cast Robbie Amell, Andy Allo, Allegra Edwards, Kevin Bigley and Zainab Johnson

WATCH Q&A HERE

Q&A IMAGES AVAILABLE HERE

Q&A CLIPS AVAILABLE HERE

All 10 episodes are now available to stream on Amazon Prime Video
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

Synopsis:
From Emmy-Award winning writer Greg Daniels (The Office, Parks and Recreation) comes Upload, a new sci-fi comedy series set in a technologically advanced future where hologram phones, 3D food printers and automated grocery stores are the norm. Most uniquely, humans can choose to be “uploaded” into a virtual afterlife when they find themselves near-death.

The series follows a young app developer, Nathan Brown (Robbie Amell), who winds up in the hospital following a self-driving car accident, needing to quickly decide his fate. After a rushed deliberation with his shallow girlfriend Ingrid (Allegra Edwards), he chooses to be uploaded to her family’s luxurious virtual afterlife, the Horizen company’s “Lakeview.” Once uploaded in Lakeview, Nathan meets his customer service “Angel” Nora Anthony (Andy Allo), who at first is his charismatic concierge and guide, but quickly becomes his friend and confidante, helping him navigate this new digital extension of life.

An Amazon Original, Upload is a ten-episode sci-fi comedy series starring Robbie Amell (Code 8), Andy Allo (Pitch Perfect 3), Kevin Bigley (Undone), Allegra Edwards (New Girl),and Zainab Johnson (American Koko). The series was created by Greg Daniels who also serves as executive producer along with Howard Klein (The Office).
[/TD]
[/TD]

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have watched most of it. Still have to finish two episodes. It is billed as a sci-fi comedy but I find that it seems to work better as a drama. I guess it is supposed to be black comedy but I don't find it all that funny; although, it does have its moments.

Not a bad series. Interesting premise. One hole that took me out of it a bit was

the Fran character investigating Brown's death. She knows that the self-driving car Brown was killed in had been tampered with. Yet, later in the series, she uses a self-driving car which ends up killing her due to tampering. I thought it was dumb that a character investigating a suspicious death by automated car would then use the same type of vehicle a couple of episodes later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks