Amazon pre-orders using "Super Shipper Saving" (TTT extended now available)

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by DavidBL, Jun 20, 2003.

1. DavidBL

DavidBL Stunt Coordinator

Hey all--

The good news is that Amazon has TTT:EE (plain and gift set) available for pre-order. I'm going for the "plain" version, which is currently priced at $25.99, making it eligble all by itself for "Free Super Saver Shipping."

As I recall, the lowest street date price I found on LOTR:EE was $24.99, BUT with Amazon's "Trivia Nickels" program you can apply $2.55 of your trivia nickel account towards the purchase, making the net total $23.44 shipped.

What I am leery of is the speed of "Super Saver Shipping." If I have to wait a week beyond street date it's not worth the $1.50 to me. Do any of you regular Amazon users have experience with pre-ordered DVDs that used "Super Saver Shipping," as far as how close to street date they arrived?

Thanks much,
    David

2. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

They've arrived a week after release date for me.

BTW, sign up for DVD Talk's Amazon "Share the Love" here for 10% discounts. I just pre-ordered it for $23.39 shipped.

3. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I've done a lot of preorders at Amazon with Super Saver Shipping. Usually I get them either on release day, or a day or two later. Lately, the day after street seems to be typical. Never too much of a concern for me because I rarely watch anything immediately anyway.

4. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

Never mind found it after another search.

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I do share the love and amazon, and the trivia nickels, but I vastly prefer picking it up instore unless you will save a bundle online. TTT will be under $20 for sure at the local B&Ms (and maybe under $15!). Why not pick it up there (since it will most likely be cheaper)? Just curious.

My experience or two with Super Saver Shipping is not great...Babylon 5: Season 2 hadn't shipped on the Sunday before release (on Tuesday). I canceled my preorder for about $63 (and wasted like $4 in Trivia nickels), took advantage of triple points @ Suncoast + 2000pts for pre-ordering, and got it for effectively about $68-69 ($79.99 and $12.50 or so in GCs). I got it Tuesday morning and got to watch a couple of eps before work @ 3pm.

6. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Wonderful, good deal, thank you!

Excellent deal, and I look forward to this one!

7. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn

8. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

OOps, I didn't catch the EE at the end of that TTT:EE [​IMG] I'm a sucker for the big box (being my favorite series and all) That is a good price on the EE.

9. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Yeah, Dave, I was curious what store you were going to be shopping at, selling the EE at 15 bucks! Hell, I'd have had you pick me up 2! [​IMG]