What's new

Amazon notification pages for TV on DVD (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
If amazon has a listing for a show either as the show title in general or specific page say Alias Smith & Jones - Season 2, does this mean these shows are more likely to get a release, and the more people that sign up for the notifications the more chance.

These notifications have always peaked my curiosity anyone have any idea?

or do people request amazon to add them?

For example

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00171F7MC - page for Quincy - Season 3

or http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00198X0ZO - The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
These pages are usually put up by amazon users and bascially mean nothing in terma of getting another season or a show released. They have pages for The Wonder Years that have been up for ages, and we all know how much chance that show has of coming out anytime soon.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I wonder if companies ever look at it and see how many people are signed up to it, would be great if they did. They have loads of pages for Cagney & Lacey, Law & Order, Leave It To Beaver, Baretta, Crossing Jordan, Family, Chips, Bonanza, Touched By An Angel, Arthur, Benson, Hawai Five-O, Coach, Beverly Hills 90210 and other shows.

How do Amazon users put the pages up, didn't know that was possible? Otherwise would love to add pages for certain shows.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H

I'm not sure. I know there is a page for Tales Of The Gold Monkey and it has user submitted photos and stuff and it's been said by many this show is not coming to DVD anytime soon. Also I read somewhere, don't remember exactly where though, that amazon doesn't tell the studios exact #'s of how many people are signed up. Also the email thing doesn't seem to work because I was signed up for Mr Belvedere & that was announced & I never got an email saying I could order it.
I'm just basically saying, don't put too much stock in amazon's listings of shows not yet released. tvshowsondvd.com is a more important site that you should use to vote on shows because I know many studios look at their shows listings there.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
TVshowsondvd.com is defo my priority just always been curious about why certain shows are on amazon for notification and others aren't etc

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
I bet the executives of Warner Brothers don't bother reading:cool: those pages,otherwise :-
CHEYENNE-The Complete Second Season,would have been up and running years ago.
:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks