What's new

Amazon launches Kindle First, an early access free book of the month! (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Apparently I missed December and January, but February's is up, at the link above. I went with Long Knives but was tempted by Rented Mule.

This is what we missed in December:

Soy Sauce for Beginners, a beautiful debut novel about family bonds and personal identity by Kristin Chen,
The Widow File, a political thriller of industrial espionage and military intrigue by SG Redling,
Sweet Nothings by award-winning romance author Kim Law, which tells the story of a bachelorette baker and the man who convinced her of true love,
Timebound by Rysa Walker, a fantastical novel about a 16-year-old time traveler that won this year’s overall grand prize as the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award.
Looks like there was over 100 free in January and we missed em, but no big deals that I saw, these were the ones listed under Kindle First....
[*]The Barkeep $1.99
[*]The Line (Witching Savannah, Book One) $1.99
[*]Mint Juleps and Justice (An Adams Grove Novel) $1.99
[*]Descending Son $1.99
[/list]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Finally taking advantage of my prime membership and got my first book.
I chose "Ticker"

November choices are:

Ticker (Fantasy)
End of Secrets (Espionage)
The Unimaginable (Romantic Adventure)
Shadow Boys (Crime)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
^^ That was my choice, too. Funny thing is I haven't had a lot of time to read any books lately, though, but my mother has been reading anything and everything I can find with her Kindle. And this is a person who refuses to even touch a computer, but she's loved her Kindle ever since we bought it as a gift several years ago.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I haven't been grabbing these because I'm so behind on my reading and don't know when or if I'll ever get to these.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The best book ever put in Kindle First is probably this months addition of a Kay Scarpetta story by Patricia Cornwall. My mom has every one of her books

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The best book ever put in Kindle First is probably this months addition of a Kay Scarpetta story by Patricia Cornwall. My mom has every one of her books
I wish I had seen this earlier. I pick up the Kindle First books more for my Mom, as she reads more than I do and her Kindle is on my account. I picked up "Drowning With Others" for her, and "The Man Who Played With Fire" for both of us (we both enjoyed Stieg Larrson's Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy). I usually base my decision on which book to pick up for her on genre and Amazon reviews.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Short Drop but not sure I will ever read it.
Sam, did you ever end up reading this? I found it terrific and have gobbled up all the sequel books and enjoyed them even more.

The Kindle first perk is one of my favorites as a Prime member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks