What's new

Amazon Instant Video ruining the end of movies (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, I'm surprised you stream at all.

Fandor
Hulu(Plus)
Netflix
Acolyte Cinema
Film Movement

All do this(or speed them up) to end credits...on some devices(if push came to shove, they'd probably say..."it is to help you save some data").

Why not complain to Spotify about how little the Roku app does compared to your phone/tablet...or the Windows version?

I'd love Spotify(or Roku) to add every feature from the PC to the Roku.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm surprised you stream at all.
Fandor
Hulu(Plus)
Netflix
Acolyte Cinema
Film Movement
All do this(or speed them up) to end credits...on some devices(if push came to shove, they'd probably say..."it is to help you save some data").

There are MANY reasons why I don't subscribe to Hulu Plus- I've done their free trial a few times and cancelled in less than a day. They overlay network logos on most of the current TV shows which is ENTIRELY unacceptable (I don't even watch free TV anymore because of that), and one movie I watched on it had a very emotional ending which was RUINED by the menu popping up, it was similar to the one Amazon uses. They don't deliver 5.1 sound either- I would've subscribed to their new "no commercials" plan if they had eliminated the logos, end credit intrusions and added 5.1 sound, but they don't seem to think any of those matter. But unlike Amazon, Hulu does not really pretend to care about their customers, they don't email you asking how the quality was (at least they never did for me) and they don't have a public email address allegedly reaching their top boss. Getting rid of the commercials is a good start but I still don't see why anyone subscribes to that.

Netflix does not break into the end credits on my Roku 1, but does on my recently-bought Roku Stick- I have called them and complained about that and they usually say "We understand how annoying that is, we'll definitely pass your comments on." I once asked someone why Netflix paid people to answer the phone 24 hours a day when they DON'T really respond to customer complaints, and they didn't have an answer for that. I'll keep using my Roku 1 but if that ever stops working or Netflix finds a way to intrude on that, they will be gone. I KNOW they've gotten plenty of complaints from other people about it and it HAS cost them some subscriptions- it's shocking that a movie-centric company would do that.

I haven't watched anything on the other mentioned services so can't comment on those. But cutting into anything to "Help save me some data" is frankly BS- If you don't hit any buttons the credits will just play through to the end with the menu on the screen- if anything that uses MORE data! If I'm going to be so stingy with data that I wouldn't watch things all the way through, then why even bother? I watch HDX quality movies on Vudu which probably use more data than anything else.

Why not complain to Spotify about how little the Roku app does compared to your phone/tablet...or the Windows version?
I don't PAY for Spotify, so they can do whatever they like. I only use the free version on my computer- I don't even HAVE a smartphone or tablet! I can't use Spotify on the Roku unless I pay for it, which I don't want to do- if I spend money on music I'd rather buy an actual CD. The free version they have for the computer works great for what it is and what it costs- it plays commercials between songs occasionally which is fine given that I don't pay anything for it. (I wouldn't be tolerant of those if I were paying.) But imagine paying $10 to "buy" an album to listen to on Spotify and having them force commercials in the middle of it (or even worse, having a radio DJ talk over the intros and outros of songs)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation154
Recent bookmarks