What's new

Amazon Fox/MGM Blu-ray Disc BOGO (12/16/07 - 12/17/07) (2 Viewers)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I also noticed this, my bad. Usually the sale page is gone when the sale is gone, so not sure what was going on.. I also missed a couple of discs.

Let´s hope that these sales will return after Xmas too. HD kicks ass. :)

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
I have a strong feeling that all these great deals are going to dissapear after the holiday season. Maybe not right after Christmas, but certainly after New Year's.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why? Are Paramount/Universal/Warners not putting out any blockbuster HD DVDs after the new year? :D :D :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i ordered
the first three die hards
from hell
day after tomorrow
kingdom of heaven

all for $67.07.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Because I think the sales are primarily focused at the holiday (gift) buying. I sincerely hope I am wrong though. One can really get used, or should i say addicted, to these B1G1F sales. :)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

You might be right...

That´s why I always order at least 2-4 titles from these sales. It´s quite hard to buy some of these in full price later on...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My personal belief: these deals won't go away until the format war is decided. They may decrease in rate of occurrence, but won't completely go away.

Once the format war is won, the prices will fall into the same general pattern as DVDs, but with higher overall pricing. But new releases will cost more, older releases (in terms of BD/HD-DVD disc age, not the age of the film) will be discounted. And then once BD/HD-DVD achieves a high market penetration, prices will fall overall to closer to DVD range.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I absolutely agree. These are the reel.com and 800.com days all over again, enjoy it while it lasts, I say! :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Let's not get carried away! I remember being able to take advantage of Reel.com's 3 for $30 + free shipping + $10 off of $30 coupons and combining all of those offers to average between $7 per DVD! I probably bought 150 of my current catalog at those prices. If I could get anywhere near that kind of deal for BD, I'd have every title published to date ;)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I really don't think I'm that far off. With the Fox/MGM BOGO, my HD 10% discount, and the DVDSAVE5 ($5) coupon for Amazon cardholders, these Blu-ray Discs were costing me $7.68 a piece. :eek: ;)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I agree w/ Carlo that the deals are not quite as crazy as those early/pre-fall .com days, but it's just enough to tempt me to take the plunge into one format (BD) anyway.

Just took advantage of the $10-off deal for 2 PotC titles at Amazon -- and threw in BS Dracula for the DVDSAVE5 coupon. This will be my first viewing of BSD -- always wanted to check it out on DVD, but never got around to it.

Since I don't plan to replace too many of my SD DVDs, I don't mind the less frequent, less substantial deals too much (compared to the old days anyway). And for new day-and-date releases, seems like the HD formats aren't that much more expensive than special edition SD DVDs anyway.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks