What's new

Amazon Fire HD 10 (1 Viewer)

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I was thinking of buying the HD10 for my wife while it's on sale. Do you think it's a mistake to buy it if we are not Amazon Prime members? I've read that it really pushes Amazon ads, etc.

Is it easy to transfer pics from my wife's iPhone to the HD10? I know the Ipad would be better, but it's $150 more.

She wants something portable to take with when she visits her elderly parents to show them pics, check her Email, do some web surfing, etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have the Fire 8 and have found it just fine for the things you are needing it for. I don't find Amazon advertising prevalent on it, but I am a Prime member so maybe they don't bother me since I've already drunk the Kool-Aid.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks. Is it hard to transfer pics from an iPhone to the HD10? How is it done ?
Sorry, I can't answer that. I don't have a smart phone at all, and the pics I have on my Fire 8 are put there by simply copying from the internet. I just pulled up the photo section and it says to import photos from a camera (or an iPhone, I would assume), use an OTG cable.

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Thanks. I bought the HD 10 today at Target for $85 ! It was on sale for $99.99, and the manager matched the 15% discount on their website.

And the 30 day return policy doesn't start until Dec.26. That gives us plenty of time to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks