What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeah. None of it makes any sense.

Well, at least your account is still functioning...
For now, at least...

In my research, I have seen where customers received the same e-mail with no follow-up from Amazon, only to find a few weeks later that their account was locked.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Did I mention (over here) that their streaming service sucks? Hard to get all that pissed about it since I'm most often just getting their Prime service on either free (like this recent month) or heavily discounted trial, but still quite annoying, much too often making me feel like I'm just wasting my time trying to watch much of anything (like a pre-beta tester or something) on there lately. You'd think they should've been improving the service or something w/ all the basics matured by now, especially after committing/spending several hundreds of millions on that Lord of the Rings prequel series, but nope, actually seems worse now (these last few weeks) than in the past, eg. playback would regularly fail if I skip the recap or intro for a show's episode, some other odd, persistent failure apparently w/ 4K video on one or two occasions until I reboot my ATV4K, some persistently occasional, odd stuttering apparently w/ 4K video, especially w/ The Peripheral series, but not only that one, plus all the various flaws and quirks that have long been part of their very lame UI and management of their selections/library, etc.

Plus seems like their "no rush rewards" (and at least one recent promo) offerings and/or processing have been screwing up a lot for me this going around. Had to waste fairly significant time getting their CSRs to address the issues via chat... though they did compensate w/ a better resultant offer (of unrestricted GC instead of the limited time, digitals-only credits totaling $30+).

So again, hard to get all that pissed about it since this was on a free month trial. Still, quite annoying... and certainly won't inspire me to keep the service on a paid basis...

_Man_

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Bought a rear wiper blade on Amazon. Needed size 14B.

It's delivered today (in a box that's about 10 times too big), and I see that I got a size 12A. The problem is that the warehouse put an inventory tag on the item with the wrong description. So their system will claim that they're right because they did scan a sticker for 14B.

Had something similar happen around Halloween. My son wanted a black Spider-Man costume, but they sent us a red and blue one. Tried for an exchange, and we got another red and blue. Turns out, the sticker on the package said "black costume".

Now I'm trying to do a return and the website keeps crapping out.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I have been a Prime Member for years and Amazon customer. I Never had a problem. If an order was Late they give me a $10.00 gift card or the item for Free. :D Returns go back in my account as Gift Cards if an item is Damaged, Defective or Not right for me. :) I have gotten so many things for Free with my Reward Points. No reason for me to Ever get pissed off. ?? :confused:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Bought a rear wiper blade on Amazon. Needed size 14B.

It's delivered today (in a box that's about 10 times too big), and I see that I got a size 12A. The problem is that the warehouse put an inventory tag on the item with the wrong description. So their system will claim that they're right because they did scan a sticker for 14B.

Had something similar happen around Halloween. My son wanted a black Spider-Man costume, but they sent us a red and blue one. Tried for an exchange, and we got another red and blue. Turns out, the sticker on the package said "black costume".

Now I'm trying to do a return and the website keeps crapping out.
That has happened to me before, and it is definitely frustrating when you try to explain to them what the actual problem is (an item has been incorrectly tagged/coded in their system) and the agent on the other end just isn't getting it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just don't ever buy these plastic storage units from them (or perhaps from anyone else for that matter) if you're not prepared to receive (and deal w/) most of them damaged to various degrees, LOL:

I ordered 5 sets of these, and most of them had at least some cosmetic damage, if not more than that.

Annoyingly, UPS delivery gave up redelivering them after barely missing me the first time (just because I happened to be busy, but actually around) and just immediately redirected for pickup at a nearby, local UPS store because they're quite bulky (even though super light) and difficult to just leave somewhere (like they usually do for smaller shipments/batches) w/out drawing too much attention or taking up too much space -- they might've just left them somewhere as usual or maybe redelivered if it was just 1 or 2, but I suppose 5 were too many, and the UPS person apparently treated them as just 1 combined shipment/batch even though each had its own individual tracking #.

And for whatever reasons, Amazon CS seems incapable of just instructing UPS to redeliver (and kept wanting/requiring me to contact UPS myself, which I refused), which I found strange and very poor form/service. And to add insult to injury, I had to spend 3-plus hours across 3 chat sessions to finally get Amazon to deal w/ it in somewhat reasonably satisfactory manner -- the CSRs for the 1st two chats were no help at all (and kept asking me to re-explain things, etc) w/ one merely offering what I felt was an insulting $10 credit for my time and effort/hassle (after already spending nearly 2 hours on CS chats), if I was then willing to go do the pickup myself. Because it was so much hassle to me and I was clearly pissed by the end of the 2nd chat (when the CSR just rudely gave up and disconnected my chat session) going into the 3rd, the CSR in the 3rd chat just offered to ship a new batch of them (and ensure proper redelivery, not redirect again) and also told me I could just keep the original batch, if I do manage to retrieve them from the UPS store. The store is actually just ~5min walk from me, but I can only realistically, securely carry 1 unit each trip (because they are that bulky) since I don't have a car nor an adequate handtruck to move more each time -- even a midsized SUV probably can't hold more than 4 (boxed) sets at a time w/out unboxing them first, but might squeeze a 5th set unboxed.

But of course, when I finally got all of them, only 3 out 10 sets had no noticeable damages (cosmetic or otherwise) w/ 1 other set having some very slight, but noticeable, cosmetic damage while the other 6 had more significant damages to varying degrees. Pretty much all of them are still usable and can probably be repaired well enough w/ gorilla glue or similar, but the cracks/damages would still be clearly visible and might compromise them to some small extent. And of course, they wouldn't be worth keeping at the price I paid, if they're damaged... but I did end up w/ 5 free (damaged) sets as consolation -- actually, now that I have them, they're probably a bit too flimsy to be worth the ~$45/each I paid anyway even if not damaged.

Of course, the drama didn't end there, and Amazon sent me some automated emails telling me I had to return the original batch (after the usual 30-day return period) or incur additional charges for them. So I was annoyed yet again that I had to start a 4th chat w/ them about it... and also complain about all the damages anyway. I was prepared to tell them to just come and take all 10 sets back (and maybe some other stuff I wasn't quite sure I wanted to keep) if they insist on recovering those 5 after I went through all the trouble between dealing w/ their CSRs, doing the pickup at the UPS store (that should never have been necessary) and finding only 4 of 10 sets had no-to-minimal damages. On this 4th CS chat, I again expressed my annoyance, gave a very brief summary of the issue w/ brief update about all the damages and again told the CSR to check thru their records and my previous chats so I don't have to explain at length yet again (like I had to for the 1st two chats plus a little in the 3rd). Because of the damages, this CSR quickly offered to refund for 1 set and reassured me I don't need to return anything, so I basically ended up getting 10 sets for the price of 4 (although the 6 free sets are all damaged to varying degrees, but still reparable/serviceable/usable).

FWIW, originally, I was hoping to maybe use (most of) them for BD storage, but turns out their actual internal storage dimensions aren't quite what I hoped. But because I ended up w/ 5 extra sets, I'll probably still use at some of them for media storage though.

I also bought some other stuff for media storage, including this wall shelving unit, which I was also wary about its delivery, but thankfully, the delivery seemed to go fine w/ no significant damages/issues in this case:

_Man_

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This week, I got back to back Amazon screw ups. The first was I ordered a 4K UHD of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. I received a previously opened and resealed copy of Cradle of Life instead. The same day I received what was supposed to have been a 4K UHD of Baby Driver. What I received was an empty 4K UHD Baby Driver case with no shrink wrap. I went through the return process and requested replacement copies of both but the Amazon app said they were unable to complete my request for replacements so I just asked for a full refund for both items then immediately reordered both at a lower price than I paid the first time.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
To be fair, though, I don’t care for the second Tomb Raider film so they can have it back and I also don’t need an empty case. They’re both free returns and I’ll drop them off Monday afternoon at the UPS store on my way from a client site to my hotel.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Just don't ever buy these plastic storage units from them (or perhaps from anyone else for that matter) if you're not prepared to receive (and deal w/) most of them damaged to various degrees, LOL:

I ordered 5 sets of these, and most of them had at least some cosmetic damage, if not more than that.

Annoyingly, UPS delivery gave up redelivering them after barely missing me the first time (just because I happened to be busy, but actually around) and just immediately redirected for pickup at a nearby, local UPS store because they're quite bulky (even though super light) and difficult to just leave somewhere (like they usually do for smaller shipments/batches) w/out drawing too much attention or taking up too much space -- they might've just left them somewhere as usual or maybe redelivered if it was just 1 or 2, but I suppose 5 were too many, and the UPS person apparently treated them as just 1 combined shipment/batch even though each had its own individual tracking #.

And for whatever reasons, Amazon CS seems incapable of just instructing UPS to redeliver (and kept wanting/requiring me to contact UPS myself, which I refused), which I found strange and very poor form/service. And to add insult to injury, I had to spend 3-plus hours across 3 chat sessions to finally get Amazon to deal w/ it in somewhat reasonably satisfactory manner -- the CSRs for the 1st two chats were no help at all (and kept asking me to re-explain things, etc) w/ one merely offering what I felt was an insulting $10 credit for my time and effort/hassle (after already spending nearly 2 hours on CS chats), if I was then willing to go do the pickup myself. Because it was so much hassle to me and I was clearly pissed by the end of the 2nd chat (when the CSR just rudely gave up and disconnected my chat session) going into the 3rd, the CSR in the 3rd chat just offered to ship a new batch of them (and ensure proper redelivery, not redirect again) and also told me I could just keep the original batch, if I do manage to retrieve them from the UPS store. The store is actually just ~5min walk from me, but I can only realistically, securely carry 1 unit each trip (because they are that bulky) since I don't have a car nor an adequate handtruck to move more each time -- even a midsized SUV probably can't hold more than 4 (boxed) sets at a time w/out unboxing them first, but might squeeze a 5th set unboxed.

But of course, when I finally got all of them, only 3 out 10 sets had no noticeable damages (cosmetic or otherwise) w/ 1 other set having some very slight, but noticeable, cosmetic damage while the other 6 had more significant damages to varying degrees. Pretty much all of them are still usable and can probably be repaired well enough w/ gorilla glue or similar, but the cracks/damages would still be clearly visible and might compromise them to some small extent. And of course, they wouldn't be worth keeping at the price I paid, if they're damaged... but I did end up w/ 5 free (damaged) sets as consolation -- actually, now that I have them, they're probably a bit too flimsy to be worth the ~$45/each I paid anyway even if not damaged.

Of course, the drama didn't end there, and Amazon sent me some automated emails telling me I had to return the original batch (after the usual 30-day return period) or incur additional charges for them. So I was annoyed yet again that I had to start a 4th chat w/ them about it... and also complain about all the damages anyway. I was prepared to tell them to just come and take all 10 sets back (and maybe some other stuff I wasn't quite sure I wanted to keep) if they insist on recovering those 5 after I went through all the trouble between dealing w/ their CSRs, doing the pickup at the UPS store (that should never have been necessary) and finding only 4 of 10 sets had no-to-minimal damages. On this 4th CS chat, I again expressed my annoyance, gave a very brief summary of the issue w/ brief update about all the damages and again told the CSR to check thru their records and my previous chats so I don't have to explain at length yet again (like I had to for the 1st two chats plus a little in the 3rd). Because of the damages, this CSR quickly offered to refund for 1 set and reassured me I don't need to return anything, so I basically ended up getting 10 sets for the price of 4 (although the 6 free sets are all damaged to varying degrees, but still reparable/serviceable/usable).

FWIW, originally, I was hoping to maybe use (most of) them for BD storage, but turns out their actual internal storage dimensions aren't quite what I hoped. But because I ended up w/ 5 extra sets, I'll probably still use at some of them for media storage though.

I also bought some other stuff for media storage, including this wall shelving unit, which I was also wary about its delivery, but thankfully, the delivery seemed to go fine w/ no significant damages/issues in this case:

_Man_

If you miss a delivery from pretty much any carrier, that is on you and your responsibility to reschedule a delivery with the carrier, not the shipper’s. SOP for UPS is to drop off at a UPS Store if there is one near to the original delivery destination.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To be fair, though, I don’t care for the second Tomb Raider film so they can have it back and I also don’t need an empty case. They’re both free returns and I’ll drop them off Monday afternoon at the UPS store on my way from a client site to my hotel.
Yeah, but they are hit & miss on this. Sometimes they'll tell you to just keep it...when, other times, they insist you return the things (no matter how useless to anyone). I "get" that its not super inconvenient as an expense sometimes to return the things...but its still an inconvenience of time and effort. Not sure how they determine what things need to go back.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
If you miss a delivery from pretty much any carrier, that is on you and your responsibility to reschedule a delivery with the carrier, not the shipper’s. SOP for UPS is to drop off at a UPS Store if there is one near to the original delivery destination.

I'm not at all aware that's the case. In almost every instance (in my experience and others' I've encountered), the carrier makes at least another attempt (and generally leaves a notice for that) before giving up -- and usually, they make upto 3 attempts.

Maybe that's a relatively recent/new SOP for UPS (in maybe the past year or two or since the pandemic), but that's definitely *not* their SOP in my long experience. Of course, usually, they actually just leave the package somewhere instead... unless the shipper requires signature proof or something (and even then, they don't always actually require my signature, especially since/during the pandemic).

_Man_

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
We’ll see how my replacement discs are when they arrive this week. Like I said earlier, I reordered Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Baby Driver as well as Dazed and Confused Criterion 4Ks. (Even though my HT is completely dismantled and stored away for what might end up being a few years, my Panny 420 and Hisense 65U8G are now in our master bedroom upstairs so I’m still slowly buying 4K discs.) A few minutes ago, I received a message that D&C was delivered to a local Amazon locker but I’ll probably let it sit for a day or two. (Truth be told, I just ate dinner and consumed mass quantities of beer so driving right now is not in anyone’s best interest.) Baby Driver should be delivered to the locker tomorrow afternoon and Tomb Raider is scheduled to deliver to the locker on Thursday. I’ll wait and pick them all up late Thursday evening or first thing Friday morning when I leave the hotel on my way to a client site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks