What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I placed an order today and was offered $0.25 in promo credits per item if I chose Amazon Day Delivery (Friday). My other option was for standard Prime Delivery (on Friday) with no promo credits.... 🤔

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I placed an order today and was offered $0.25 in promo credits per item if I chose Amazon Day Delivery (Friday). My other option was for standard Prime Delivery (on Friday) with no promo credits.... 🤔
Yeah, I’ve had that too. Perhaps their A.I. Is still in first grade. :lol:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Those credit offers are all over the place - and any I've received have been for *larger* orders, typically $20+ or for multiple items (which typically pushed the combined price over ~$20). Some have been the old "slow shipping" and others only offered for "Amazon Day Delivery." They also seem to be more frequently offered during some other Amazon promotional period (Amazon Day, etc.). I've not received that credit on *every* purchase, no matter how large/small, since the 20/21 Christmas season ended (roughly on Dec. 28th).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
When I said I've gotten none over the last couple months, I mean literally no offers at all for any size orders, not just small orders.

I just ordered a $120 microwave oven (sold by Amazon, not 3rd party) plus a $100 kitchen rack (to hold that microwave and other stuff... though this was from the maker, but still fulfilled by Amazon) *and* tested this w/ other assorted items I planned on getting in the same cart for total of 5-plus items costing ~$260, but still no offer -- actually, I also tested it w/ another $100-plus rack I was eyeing added on top at one point for $350-plus total, but still nothing.

Also, the fact (some of) you guys are getting $0.25 offers is also telling -- I've never seen it that low before, but again, I don't often reactivate my Prime subs during this time of year, so was wondering if much of this was due to that... on top of them possibly flagging me for something, LOL.

But honestly, I'm not pissed about it since I don't expect Amazon to keep status quo on such forever... particularly since I only reactivated via their occasional $2 trial week offer, which was definitely worth it for what I needed to order anyway -- maybe I'm not even getting those $0.25 offers because I'm on a 1-week paid trial... though I used to get the offers regardless. Mainly just wondering... plus it might be informative for how I reactivate/use Prime in the future (and maybe for some others who care about such Amazon wrinkles)...

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why your Amazon packages may be late or missing. Porch pirates at work. :P

1629906548399.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ing-amazon-package-connecticut-porch-n1277546

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
In the report, the woman said there was just toilet paper in the package. Not sure what the bear thought was worth taking unless the delivery driver had used the box as a table for his lunch and it smelled of food?

Or was he one of these bears?

1629918140232.png

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Recently (back in early spring), I apparently actually witnessed someone in the process of stealing Amazon deliveries. I saw the guy in front of our house as I was leaving to run a quick errand in the morning and just assumed he was an Amazon delivery guy w/ a bunch of packages. But apparently, he had stolen them from another neighborhood to be checked out in ours, and he left whatever he didn't want in front of our (and our neighbor's adjoining) house. He probably had to hurry more than usual since I came out of the house, didn't look like I was headed to work and could return fairly quickly...

_Man_

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I realize things are screwed up with Covid but. Amazon is all over the map lately. I pre order the Star Trek tos 4 movie 4K set in august on the 15. Yesterday it still says order received. Someone dropped the ball

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I realize things are screwed up with Covid but. Amazon is all over the map lately. I pre order the Star Trek tos 4 movie 4K set in august on the 15. Yesterday it still says order received. Someone dropped the ball
Likely Paramount. Studios are still experiencing replication issues. Sony pushed their Columbia Classics 4K Collection Vol 2 one week to the end of September, probably due to these issues.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Gonna say this right now, since Amazon has switched to their own delivery vans in my area, I have been getting poor service. Consistently. Items that are in stock and "ships within 24 hours" get to me a week later. I just had another "in stock" order I placed last Monday, that should have been here Wednesday at the latest now arriving on Tuesday. This has been going on since early 2019, but becoming more, and more frequent. I REALLY miss the day of USPS delivering their stuff on weekends, and it was always early, and no issues ever when they were in charge.

I really am lost as to what the deal is and if it wasn't for the Amazon Prime Streaming I would drop the service.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I really am lost as to what the deal is and if it wasn't for the Amazon Prime Streaming I would drop the service.
That's the only reason I'm renewing, as well. I've given up on expecting any kind of timely shipping fulfillment. If there weren't some things on Prime I wanted to watch, I'd cancel.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Gonna say this right now, since Amazon has switched to their own delivery vans in my area, I have been getting poor service. Consistently. Items that are in stock and "ships within 24 hours" get to me a week later. I just had another "in stock" order I placed last Monday, that should have been here Wednesday at the latest now arriving on Tuesday. This has been going on since early 2019, but becoming more, and more frequent. I REALLY miss the day of USPS delivering their stuff on weekends, and it was always early, and no issues ever when they were in charge.

That is the opposite of my experience since Amazon began doing its own deliveries in our area a few years ago.
I have even received a few orders the same day without paying for it. Orders which are delayed are almost always from 3rd parties and/or delivered by a different carrier.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
That is the opposite of my experience since Amazon began doing its own deliveries in our area a few years ago.
I have even received a few orders the same day without paying for it. Orders which are delayed are almost always from 3rd parties and/or delivered by a different carrier.
I'm glad at least you are having good luck. I have had better luck with third party sellers over Amazon. My luck has been very very poor with 90% of the items I order from them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm glad at least you are having good luck. I have had better luck with third party sellers over Amazon. My luck has been very very poor with 90% of the items I order from them.
Interesting that both of you are in Michigan have opposite experiences. I live in mid-Michigan and for the most part, I think Amazon doing their own deliveries has been pretty good on my orders.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Interesting that both of you are in Michigan have opposite experiences. I live in mid-Michigan and for the most part, I think Amazon doing their own deliveries has been pretty good on my orders.

My past 4 orders over two months time --3 were late, and one was labeled "undeliverable" (after getting a "running late" notation) and I never got the item.

I think I heard a while back that the Amazon facility closest to me has had a difficult time keeping employees, and they are understaffed. If so, it makes sense, but it is unfortunate.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My past 4 orders over two months time --3 were late, and one was labeled "undeliverable" (after getting a "running late" notation) and I never got the item.

I think I heard a while back that the Amazon facility closest to me has had a difficult time keeping employees, and they are understaffed. If so, it makes sense, but it is unfortunate.
Yes, that makes sense. Where are you located, Bryan? We are in Plymouth (southeastern Michigan) , and there is a large Amazon distribution center approximately 5 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks