What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Exactly how does a protection plan work on a pesticide?
View attachment 104025
I placed an order for this item last Monday (7/12), and despite being in stock, was provided an expected delivery date of NEXT Monday (one week later). The order still has not shipped yet, but I could place another order TODAY and have it delivered one day later than the one I ordered three days ago. *face palm*

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon seems to be losing it. I've had this listed in my order status. According to them, it has not yet arrived (it has), but the return window has somehow already closed:

View attachment 104051

On the upside, I received a steelbook case Monday in one of their white/blue plastic envelopes, and it seems to have arrived unscathed.
I suspect that if you track the shipment, the carrier likely forgot to scan it at some point in the delivery process, so Amazon never received a delivery notification, hence showing the order was very late.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I suspect that if you track the shipment, the carrier likely forgot to scan it at some point in the delivery process, so Amazon never received a delivery notification, hence showing the order was very late.
Yes, it came from the UK, so something was probably missed along the way. Though Amazon must have received some notification, as they closed the return window on July 11, which is about right as the disc was delivered mid-June (30 day window).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Got two separate shipments from two different orders delayed by a day or two. Both which I was counting on for yesterday.
"Now expected July 19 - July 20"
Remember what I said about missing the guaranteed overnight shipping which I would gladly pay a bit more for? This is the second time in under a month they have let me down enormously. Leaving a light cardboard package on my step, and not between my door during a heavy rain damaging all three items inside being the last. Especially when they almost exclusively use the waterproof white sealed mailers. Nice time to switch it up Amazon!!!:angry:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I made the mistake of buying season one of "The Walking Dead" shortly after the series premiered. I guess I forgot what I am like. I just received season 10 from Amazon and am trying to pre-order season 6 (The latest season) of the related show "Fear The Walking Dead".
The listing on Amazon.ca is for DVD, but there is a button to click for Blu ray. When you do so, you are presented with a set from France in a tin box for a season of "The Walking Dead" that costs $100!
I had to chat twice with Packistan or wherever to get them to even understand the problem. The subtleties of there being two programs with related titles was lost on them. I am assured now that they will change the listing, but they haven't yet. Our border with the US is still closed so I am still prevented from using my US post office box.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Update the following a Thursday. -- They still haven't changed the listing. My next move was to write a scathing review under the title "Amazon Screws It Up". It will not be published, but I hope it gets their attention. I have to find the time for a direct call as well.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
My most recent Amazon order:
20210819_065140.jpg 20210819_065149.jpg 20210819_065205.jpg

Most of the pages have crumpled corners - completely unusable. What gets me is this very obviously was NOT damaged in transit, but someone at the fulfillment center picked a damaged ream and placed it in the box.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m going to go against the stream and say Amazon made me happy. I had three items to return. I go thru the easy online process and get notified that I don’t have to return one of the items (4K steelcase of Hunt for Red October. The blue ray looks better.). I take all three to a local mailbox store. When UPS picks them up, my money is refunded. No muss, no fuss.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I made the mistake of buying season one of "The Walking Dead" shortly after the series premiered. I guess I forgot what I am like. I just received season 10 from Amazon and am trying to pre-order season 6 (The latest season) of the related show "Fear The Walking Dead".
The listing on Amazon.ca is for DVD, but there is a button to click for Blu ray. When you do so, you are presented with a set from France in a tin box for a season of "The Walking Dead" that costs $100!
I had to chat twice with Packistan or wherever to get them to even understand the problem. The subtleties of there being two programs with related titles was lost on them. I am assured now that they will change the listing, but they haven't yet. Our border with the US is still closed so I am still prevented from using my US post office box.
Slightly off topic, but I just heard this morning the U.S. border will remain closed to non essential travel from Canada until at least September 21st. :(

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I would not find it bizarre if we had not opened the border in Canada to fully vacinated people from the US in early August We can fly in to the US, just not drive in and this makes no sense at all.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not exactly sure, but I know everyone flying to the US needs to show evidence of a negative COVID test before they can fly, so that might be part of the logic. I don't know if it's practical to do that for all people and their passengers driving across the border.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I’m going to go against the stream and say Amazon made me happy. I had three items to return. I go thru the easy online process and get notified that I don’t have to return one of the items (4K steelcase of Hunt for Red October. The blue ray looks better.). I take all three to a local mailbox store. When UPS picks them up, my money is refunded. No muss, no fuss.

Yes, that is certainly one nice thing about Amazon... at least when it's for stuff sold directly by them, instead of 3rd party sellers.

_Man_

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Not exactly sure, but I know everyone flying to the US needs to show evidence of a negative COVID test before they can fly, so that might be part of the logic. I don't know if it's practical to do that for all people and their passengers driving across the border.
Canada is doing this now.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
This doesn't actually piss me off per se, but a little bit disappointing, if not totally unexpected. Seems Amazon may have indefinitely eliminated the "no rush delivery" promo credit rewards for their Prime customers. Or is it normal for this time of year... and/or just me (w/ my sporadic reactivations whenever I find it beneficial enough)?

Hope it returns at least by the holiday shopping season in late-Nov-thru-Dec when I make most use of it...

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That program is still active - I got that option when I placed an order tonight.

Its not something they offer on every item and there must be some algorithmic voodoo going on in what it applies to and when it applies because I don’t see it each and every time I bring an item into my cart.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... I'm finding it hasn't given me any offers at all (not just the $1 digital credit) for anything I tried in the last couple months (although I had deactivated for a few weeks in between).

Usually, it gave me the offer on almost everything that costs at least $10, except for stuff that require significant wait-times, which makes enough sense.

Maybe they're flagging me in some way to not offer it because they consider it enough of a loss proposition for them... at least during this time, but might change that come the holiday shopping season when they're super-busy and could justify the offer a lot more for how I use their service...

Still, you'd think they'd wanna keep me very happy considering all the crazy digital purchases my mother racked up via my account (due largely to the bored isolation of this pandemic). Actually, that part kinda pisses me off that Amazon doesn't provide a particularly good, easy way to limit those crazy digital purchases...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Actually, that part kinda pisses me off that Amazon doesn't provide a particularly good, easy way to limit those crazy digital purchases...

Hmmm... maybe it's time to reconsider just getting another iPad Mini for my mother and just ditch her Fire tablet (that was a replacement for her previous, dead iPad Mini) -- the Fire really isn't all that good as a general purpose tablet, especially for her, anyway. That's an upfront expense to upgrade, but it'll probably serve her much better and be more effective at limiting those digital purchases costs in the long run me thinks, including the fact I won't get charged NY sales tax by Apple (that Amazon charges for digital purchases) -- and there are frequent promo offers for Apple gift cards that probably better Amazon's regular offers overall.

I probably just have to put her on some kinda budget for digital purchases via gift cards added to her own iCloud/iTunes/AppStore account, but no credit cards. And if I add her to my iCloud/iTunes/AppStore family for sharing, she'll still have usage access to my library of contents and whatever Apple services, just not too-easy access to buy (virtually limitless) stuff w/ my account -- that would certainly be better than what I have as after-thought on Amazon side...

Alternatively, I suppose I could also just have her use a completely separate (new) Amazon account on that Fire tablet (and do the gift card thing w/out linked CCs? if Amazon allows that) and then probably reset it up accordingly (vs just having a new iPad Mini copy most everything from her iPhone)... but she would have no access to my stuff then...

_Man_

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chip
Alternatively, I suppose I could also just have her use a completely separate (new) Amazon account on that Fire tablet (and do the gift card thing w/out linked CCs? if Amazon allows that) and then probably reset it up accordingly (vs just having a new iPad Mini copy most everything from her iPhone)... but she would have no access to my stuff then...
There are some family sharing options with Prime. My wife and I have separate Amazon accounts and the Prime membership is on hers, but mine is linked so I can get the free shipping. And when I set up the tablets for the kids, I can grant them access to any of the digital movies (including those from Movies Anywhere) or books in either of our accounts.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
There are some family sharing options with Prime. My wife and I have separate Amazon accounts and the Prime membership is on hers, but mine is linked so I can get the free shipping. And when I set up the tablets for the kids, I can grant them access to any of the digital movies (including those from Movies Anywhere) or books in either of our accounts.

Oh, yes. That's right... although it's limited to just 1 other account AFAIK, which I currently already assigned to my son who's been largely away for college. However, maybe I should just remove him from the share since he really doesn't use his account that way (and is actually signed up for Student Prime anyway)...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This doesn't actually piss me off per se, but a little bit disappointing, if not totally unexpected. Seems Amazon may have indefinitely eliminated the "no rush delivery" promo credit rewards for their Prime customers. Or is it normal for this time of year... and/or just me (w/ my sporadic reactivations whenever I find it beneficial enough)?

Hope it returns at least by the holiday shopping season in late-Nov-thru-Dec when I make most use of it...

_Man_

That program is still active - I got that option when I placed an order tonight.

Its not something they offer on every item and there must be some algorithmic voodoo going on in what it applies to and when it applies because I don’t see it each and every time I bring an item into my cart.
I think the promo credits for choosing "No Rush Delivery" (or even having that as a delivery option) is much more random than before, with a bigger push to get customers to use "Amazon Delivery Day" instead. I recently was offered a $3 promo credit for selecting "ADD" over regular Prime shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosephK
Recent bookmarks