What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Ordered a couple of items which said they'd be delivered Sunday. Kept insisting this even though they'd not shipped. Got a couple of "We're sorry, there's been a delay in your shipment" emails. Both *finally* go out today and the web site shows:
In all fairness, I think Amazon is as much the victim here as you. While they're working on a level of autonomy, at the moment they are still reliant upon carriers such as Fedex, UPS and [sadly] even the USPS for most of their fulfillment. I've had recent horrendous experiences with each of these companies. It seems they're all using COVID to justify continued poor and unreliable service. Last year at this time I was willing to excuse it but not anymore.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
In all fairness, I think Amazon is as much the victim here as you. While they're working on a level of autonomy, at the moment they are still reliant upon carriers such as Fedex, UPS and [sadly] even the USPS for most of their fulfillment. I've had recent horrendous experiences with each of these companies. It seems they're all using COVID to justify continued poor and unreliable service. Last year at this time I was willing to excuse it but not anymore.
That does not excuse today's craziness of telling me to expect an order the same day it was shipped via UPS Ground.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I actually get *worse* service and more delivery delays if *Amazon* shippers touch it on the way. On almost all of those delays it's an Amazon shipper that doesn't do the hand off properly, just sits on the package, or sends it on a walkabout before finally doing the hand off.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I actually get *worse* service and more delivery delays if *Amazon* shippers touch it on the way. On almost all of those delays it's an Amazon shipper that doesn't do the hand off properly, just sits on the package, or sends it on a walkabout before finally doing the hand off.
I've been having those types of issues with any Amazon order that travels through the UPS hub in Lathrop, CA.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Probably a regional thing. There are 3 separate Amazon Fulfillment Centers within a 20 mile radius of where I live so I don't usually have that particular problem. UPS is also headquartered here but that does me no good whatsoever as their reliability and customer service are as bad as I've experienced with any company.

I did get a notice from Amazon today saying an order originally intended to arrive on Saturday would arrive tomorrow. Based on this thread I checked it's status and it shows as having just shipped this morning via USPS so I seriously doubt it will be here, even by Saturday.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
9:00 a.m. -- order says shipping now

10:30 a.m. -- order says nothing about shipping, but will e-mail me when there is a date

4:32 a.m. -- shipping now

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
E bay is just as bad .. A lot of companies have been too big for their britches for a long time and we allowed it to happen by buying from them

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon has now shipped me TWO copies of the Indiana Jones 4-Film Collection on 4K Blu-ray, both copies severely damaged in transit due to Paramount's flimsy packaging and Amazon's insistence on shipping these in those horrible blue and white Prime bubble bags that offer little protection.

Originally, when I called Amazon regarding the second shipment, they would only offer a refund after returning both items. The problem was that promo credits amounting to $30 (issued due to other damaged orders) were used when I preordered back in April, and those would now be lost - the agent was refusing to reimburse those credits so that I could use them to place a new order per Amazon policy regarding consecutive damaged shipments of the same item. I spent two hours making multiple calls, escalating the issue, until finally I was able to get through to a team leeder that was willing to over-ride the policy and ship a third item.

We'll see how that third item arrives next week....

Mike2001

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I ordered a book and it was delivered in an odd bag (inside a box which was in fine shape). When I took the bag off, the inside text block had separated from the binding. (Kohl’s returns, here I come.). The damage made me think that the odd bag was a sign that the book had been previously returned. What, did they think I wouldn’t mind the damage?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm amazed. I ordered Shout!'s "Friday the 13th" Collection Deluxe Edition from Amazon. It was actually packed in an appropriately-sized cardboard box, with padding in the little bit of remaining space inside to secure everything, and seems to have arrived in pristine condition. Haven't opened each disc yet, but flipping it upside down I don't hear any rattlers, either.

Must be it was packed by a fellow horror fan. :emoji_thumbsup:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm amazed. I ordered Shout!'s "Friday the 13th" Collection Deluxe Edition from Amazon. It was actually packed in an appropriately-sized cardboard box, with padding in the little bit of remaining space inside to secure everything, and seems to have arrived in pristine condition. Haven't opened each disc yet, but flipping it upside down I don't hear any rattlers, either.

Must be it was packed by a fellow horror fan. :emoji_thumbsup:
And yet I'm waiting for my third Indiana Jones Collection to arrive undamaged - the last two were packed in Prime bubble bags and crushed in transit.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Third time is NOT the charm....
Indy.jpg
Amazon wants me to return all three for refund (and NOT refund the promo credits used to purchase the first one). I even offered to keep the least damaged of the three (since they would not re-issue the promo credits), and they would not offer me anything in return. Un-effing-believable!

(OK - that's actually the first shipment. I just don't have the energy to take photos of the other two).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know when Amazon discontinued overnight shipping? I really miss it, and most places online still offer it. It may be a premium price, but sometimes you need that service.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Does anyone know when Amazon discontinued overnight shipping? I really miss it, and most places online still offer it. It may be a premium price, but sometimes you need that service.
For what it's worth I see KINO discontinued "Next Day Air" I can say "next day" means five business days :(. The delivery services are at what I would call crisis levels. The drivers are expected to deliver more packages in less time - worse many of the delivery trucks do not have air-conditioning and in the words of a former FedEx driver "the fan just blows hot air at you."

I went to my local mall (indoors for the first time in over a year) and there are still some stores open but a lot less traffic. People have gotten (sorry Professor ...) used to ordering by mail. My Wal*Mart has now started locking up men underwear etc. (The baby formula was a safety issue as someone was buying the cans and returning them with something else for a refund).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth I see KINO discontinued "Next Day Air"
Maybe Amazon is starting a trend. I hope not,
it is still something people need, and has been offered for so long, it is odd to have suddenly be non-existent in big corporations!

I used it dozens of times from Amazon when it was available, and never had an issue. Received the item the very next day (usually early morning).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amazon seems to be losing it. I've had this listed in my order status. According to them, it has not yet arrived (it has), but the return window has somehow already closed:

1626368748512.png

On the upside, I received a steelbook case Monday in one of their white/blue plastic envelopes, and it seems to have arrived unscathed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glasses Freek
Recent bookmarks