What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The biggest piece of information I was given was, when I call in the future, I can ask for a US Customer Representative and while I hope I won't need to, if I call to Amazon I will be doing exactly that. The language barrier is a problem when it is not a canned, scriptable issue for them to take care of.

Very good news to know.

I prefer to do a chat instead, so I end up with a transcript of both sides of the conversation and hopefully avoid misunderstandings due to regional accents, etc.

I've always done chats for those same reasons. But if I could talk to easy-to-understand people, it might make the process go more quickly...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't even sweat my pre-orders getting to me by release date any longer. I have too many other titles on my unwatched disc list to keep me busy especially with TV shows, Netflix,. Vudu, and what have you.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't even sweat my pre-orders getting to me by release date any longer. I have too many other titles on my unwatched disc list to keep me busy especially with TV shows, Netflix,. Vudu, and what have you.

For me, it's important because I am pretty much guaranteed to have time to watch a movie on a Tuesday night that I'm not guaranteed until Sunday... so if I don't get a chance to see it that Tuesday, it may be a week's wait. Obviously at the end of the day, "which movie to watch" isn't a major life choice, but it's sort of like when you've been looking forward to a new episode of a TV show you like all week, and then when you turn on the right channel at the right time, it's been preempted in favor of a sporting match from a sport you don't care for.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Obviously at the end of the day, "which movie to watch" isn't a major life choice, but it's sort of like when you've been looking forward to a new episode of a TV show you like all week, and then when you turn on the right channel at the right time, it's been preempted in favor of a sporting match from a sport you don't care for.

That's why I DVR everything, never watch a show live and I can zap the commercials. The sports shows really top the list.

Dish Network has a problem where my recordings start early, picking up the previous few minutes of the last show, chopping off the ending of what I'm recording. I extend every show by ten minutes to make sure I get the entire thing. Complained multiple times, "they're aware of the situation" and are working on it. Been going on over six months.

They gave me two free PPV movie codes. How about fix the problem.

The NFL games, etc. are fine, but don't give me that "joining a show in progress" crap after the game ends, show it from the beginning.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That's why I DVR everything, never watch a show live and I can zap the commercials.

Good point -- I guess for my analogy, what I meant was that the show didn't air because sports ran over, not that I had to fast forward through something. I was saying I look forward to my new release discs all week, the same way people look forward to a new episode of their favorite TV show... so if a "guaranteed delivery" doesn't show up on time, I've been looking forward to it for days and now have nothing, and even if it shows up the next day, I probably won't have time for it until the next week.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I order all the time from Amazon. You have a very good chance of getting bootlegs , and "recordable " CDs and DVD's from unscrupulous third party sellers .

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I don't bother with "day of release" delivery as I've such a backlog it really doesn't matter. I normally opt for "No rush shipping" and collect digital credits to "purchase" movies that are otherwise only available as DVD-R.

When I do have to contact Amazon about an issue it's always via email. I just don't have, or want to make, the time for chat or phone calls. In the long run, email is faster and there's a "paper trail" for those rare instances of miscommunication.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon has de-prioritized UPS SurePost from my list of possible carriers several times, yet 8 out 10 orders still get shipped UPS SurePost (despite using a physical street address). I've had four orders get delayed and miss their expected delivery date in the last month, a total of six in the last three months. I finally had a supervisor tell me today that there really is nothing else that can be done to prevent this from happening.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Not only does Amazon continue to miss an alarming number of guaranteed deliveries and preorders for me, but in the past couple weeks, even though I am a paid up prime member, I've noticed that items are no longer being offered for quick delivery. For instance, I went to purchase a DVD that was sold by Amazon and listed as being in stock. Normally, they'd give me the option of One Day or Same Day Delivery for an added fee, Two Day Delivery for free, or Standard Shipping with a coupon off another Amazon service. This time, it only showed "Two Day Delivery" but listed a seven day range for when it might ship. I noticed this for several other items as well.

I don't know if their warehouses are just overwhelmed with orders, or if some genius there went "Josh always complains about things missing guaranteed delivery dates, so let's just not make him any more promises".

I had an order with several items that were all in stock, that Amazon showed as being available for one day and two day shipping, which nonetheless took a week to ship out. No explanation for this delay.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Only reason I still buy stuff from amazon, is largely because they are items which are either uncommon (ie. some types of books) or the nearby retailers hardly carry them at all (ie. particular cds/dvds/blurays titles).

Rather frustrating attempting to go shopping locally, just to walk out without finding anything of interest. Especially after wasting too much cash on gasoline, parking fees, and toll fees from driving around. Easier to just stay home and order online.

That is true-- places like Wal-Mart may not have everything of what you're looking for (and may not have what you're looking for at all), but Amazon seems to have everything, and that's why a lot of my DVD and book purchases, among other things, have been from Amazon. I mean, it's that simple-- all you have to do is put something in the search bar, and Amazon is odds-on favorite to have it!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I had an order with several items that were all in stock, that Amazon showed as being available for one day and two day shipping, which nonetheless took a week to ship out. No explanation for this delay.
Oh, I got an explanation on that from Amazon, too:

Two day shipping only means it will take two days to ship to you, but could take days or weeks before we can ship it out.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Unfortunately, I think Amazon has gotten so big that it's become a simple calculation for them. I think they look at how much it would cost to deliver exactly the service they promise with no hiccups or mistakes. Then, they look at how much cheaper it'll be to cut corners. Finally, they look at how many customers are likely to be inconvenienced, out of those, how many will complain, and then out of those, how many they'll actually need to do something to make happy. I'm sure they calculated that the savings on doing a piss-poor job and having to occasionally go above and beyond to make it up to an unhappy customer are still greater than what it would cost to do it right in the first place.

The problem is, it's hard these days to find any place that isn't operating under the same principle.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't know that I'm going to renew Prime next time around. They seem to be missing most of the shipping deadlines they promise and I don't watch enough Amazon TV to make it worthwhile (or use any of the other benefits).

Also, they seem to have no urgency to replenish inventory. A while back they'd offered The Martian 3D for $12.99, though it did say "out of stock, we'll let you know when we can ship the item." I ordered anyway thinking it would only be a few days to a couple weeks. Then a month later they still hadn't got new stock (despite other 3rd party sellers offering the same title "fulfilled by Amazon"). So I finally cancelled and ordered from Best Buy for the same price. I had the disc a couple days later from them.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
i am currently experiencing an issue with Amazon. I had ordered for my wife a new pair of boots and they sent them and they were supposed to be new but had obviously been worn before...scuffed up and you could see wear on the bottom. So, Amazon sent a replacement pair and wow, same thing only the second pair were also stained. These were from Amazon, not a third party seller and two pairs in a row. I don't really order clothing items from Amazon but is it their policy to ship out used/returned clothing items as new?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
i am currently experiencing an issue with Amazon. I had ordered for my wife a new pair of boots and they sent them and they were supposed to be new but had obviously been worn before...scuffed up and you could see wear on the bottom. So, Amazon sent a replacement pair and wow, same thing only the second pair were also stained. These were from Amazon, not a third party seller and two pairs in a row. I don't really order clothing items from Amazon but is it their policy to ship out used/returned clothing items as new?
It may be the Amazon’s supplier that is providing used goods and telling Amazon they are new.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ok,
So i’ve had my first truly unpleasant experience with Amazon Customer Service.

I placed an order for The Lost World Blu-Ray on the 27th. Later that same day the price dropped almost 20%. The item didn’t ship until the 29th.

I expected to be charged the lower price or get a refund for the difference.

I started a chat and was informed by three different CSRs that Amazon doesn’t price match (and they used the exact same words/script). Having three different people send me tha same link to their policy didn’t improve my mood. Nor did asking me if they could ‘help’ me with anything else.

I don’t know if it’s a good thing or not to tell me upfront that their supervisor was going to be as unhelpful as they were.

I’m not a happy camper

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don’t know if it’s a good thing or not to tell me upfront that their supervisor was going to be as unhelpful as they were.

It most definitely is not. And it's also NOT good that the supervisor didn't think it was worthwhile to make you happy.

It has gotten to the point where we will have to cancel orders and re-order in these types of instances in order to get the lower price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks