What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (3 Viewers)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Why does it appear that some of us have such issues more than other people? Could it be our location because we live in different areas?
I live in a fairly remote, rural area, so my Amazon shipments are delivered by UPS and occasionally USPS (sometimes the dreaded UPS Sure Post, which is UPS until it gets to Reno, then USPS the rest of the way). For that reason, many shipments arrive late, damaged, or delayed. My complaints likely stem from my previous expectations of actual 2-day (and some times next day or even same day) delivery when I was living in Orange County, CA.

I forgot to mention in my post that I also placed an order last week for a WORX Trivac Leaf Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher with a Leaf Collection System. When the order was placed, Amazon provided a delivery date for both items of Monday, 3/8. Turns out, that is only partially true - the Leaf Collection System portion is set to arrive today (shipped 3/4 from Oregon via UPS 2nd Day), but the actual blower was shipped UPS Ground from Ohio the same day and now won't be here until Friday. This seems to happen alot.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Last week, I placed an order for one set of replacement water filters for my RO system. Today, a large, heavy box arrived from Amazon with FOURTEEN sets of filters - apparently they shipped me one case of filters instead of one set. The agent asked if I wanted to keep the extra 13 and pay for them. I told her that I cannot afford them right now ($60 per set that are supposed to be replaced every 6 months - 7 years' worth of filters), but I was also concerned about how to return them, as the box is a bit too bulky to take over to our local UPS Drop Off, and I have yet to have a successful home pickup by our local UPS driver. The last time I had the box sitting outside next to my front door, and the driver completely ignored it and placed a call tag on my door.

What is really weird is that UPS Tracking shows that the package only weighs 2 pounds! Try more like 30 pounds!!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Ever wonder when checking reviews on Amazon for an item why the reviews quite often doesn't even remotely match the product you are looking at?

Is Amazon recycling ASIN numbers?
9:02 PM
Sathish Kumar | Customer Service
Yes, Todd Erwin.
S
9:03 PM

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Well, I have my own Amazon story to tell, I'm not really pissed, but more like perplexed by what I received. I suppose to receive two Blu-rays today. Instead, I received a Niagara Falls puzzle and bag of men socks. :laugh: I knew something was up when I saw how large the package was on my front porch.

Luckily, my local Kohl's store handles Amazon returns so the only thing I have to do is go there in the morning and show them the QR code on my iPhone that Amazon sent me. I don't even have to pack the stuff, Kohl's does that for them.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Well, I have my own Amazon story to tell, I'm not really pissed, but more like perplexed by what I received. I suppose to receive two Blu-rays today. Instead, I received a Niagara Falls puzzle and bag of men socks. :laugh: I knew something was up when I saw how large the package was on my front porch.

Luckily, my local Kohl's store handles Amazon returns so the only thing I have to do is go there in the morning and show them the QR code on my iPhone that Amazon sent me. I don't even have to pack the stuff, Kohl's does that for them.
Bed Bath and Beyond did something similar at Christmas. I ordered a throw blanket and immersion blender, and they shipped me a pair of clearance slippers.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

Yes it seems Amazon makes it very easy to return stuff, and on at least some items, you don’t have to worry about repackaging it yourself.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
In my experience they issue the refund as soon as they see they see the return shipment in the system.

Yeah, that's exactly what they do.

Amazon is great with returns --- especially when you get a disc with package blemishes.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here's one for the "Amazon's automation is clueless" file:

----------------------------------
We're sorry, this product is no longer available and your subscription has been cancelled.
We've suggested some replacements below.

Subscription Cancelled
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Hot Chunky Salsa, 24oz

Choose your replacement:
Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce, 15 Oz

Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Wildflower Honey, 5lb

So their AI seems to think Hot Salsa is the same thing as Pizza Sauce or Wildflower Honey...:rolleyes:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Here's one for the "Amazon's automation is clueless" file:

We're sorry, this product is no longer available and your subscription has been cancelled.
We've suggested some replacements below.

Subscription Cancelled
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Hot Chunky Salsa, 24oz

Choose your replacement:
Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce, 15 Oz

Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Wildflower Honey, 5lb

So their AI seems to think Hot Salsa is the same thing as Pizza Sauce or Wildflower Honey...:rolleyes:
I think Amazon's only real *sin* is trying to play in too many ancillary markets. I know the directive of any publicly traded business is growth but sometimes that directive gets them into trouble. In their core markets they excel but some of their side ventures have been dubious.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yep. If you go for "Subscribe and Save" you'll find that unless you stay on top of it, unlike Amazon's sale blurb, you'll often get your products at the highest price. All it really gets you is "convenience" for things you regularly purchase. You *don't* get the lowest price from the past 30 days. You *don't* get coupons automatically applied. You *don't* get them all on a "single day" in spite of the sales pitch.

I find that often the order will be placed and a day or two later the price of the product has dropped. For me, that triggers a round of cancel the subscription and resubscribe at the lower price (likely with a coupon to boot). I did *four* products that way this month. I only keep things in that program because it can be less expensive but it comes at a cost, mostly in time managing the system.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yep. If you go for "Subscribe and Save" you'll find that unless you stay on top of it, unlike Amazon's sale blurb, you'll often get your products at the highest price. All it really gets you is "convenience" for things you regularly purchase. You *don't* get the lowest price from the past 30 days. You *don't* get coupons automatically applied. You *don't* get them all on a "single day" in spite of the sales pitch.

I find that often the order will be placed and a day or two later the price of the product has dropped. For me, that triggers a round of cancel the subscription and resubscribe at the lower price (likely with a coupon to boot). I did *four* products that way this month. I only keep things in that program because it can be less expensive but it comes at a cost, mostly in time managing the system.
My issues with "Subscribe and Save" are inventory issues (which is a head scratcher since Amazon knows how many customers need that product on a regular basis), price fluctuations, and draining my promo credits and gift cards despite checking the "do not use promo credits or gift cards" box (this somehow gets unchecked from time to time, and not by me).

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
So, on Saturday I placed an order for a Display port to HDMI adapter so I could add a second monitor to my desktop. The estimated delivery date was Wednesday, June 16.

Today, I receive an e-mail excitingly telling me that my order was shipping early and would arrive earlier than expected!

It shipped out this morning via UPS, and somehow Amazon believes it will arrive today before 9pm. I input the tracking number on the UPS website, which shows that a label was created this morning and to check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date!!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
My issues with "Subscribe and Save" are inventory issues (which is a head scratcher since Amazon knows how many customers need that product on a regular basis), price fluctuations, and draining my promo credits and gift cards despite checking the "do not use promo credits or gift cards" box (this somehow gets unchecked from time to time, and not by me).
I've gotten to where I *always* check to be sure that little box is unchecked when placing a new "order." Like you, I'm often puzzled about the inventory issues. I've done a *new* subscription for something, which you'd think would pull it from "available" inventory, only for it to get cancelled at shipment time due to insufficient inventory. I just don't get those at all... Even with the others you'd think there'd be enough inventory set aside for the S&S subs each month.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I pre-ordered the Blu ray of Godzilla vs Kong. Yesterday at 9:00 a.m. the A.ca website said I'd get it "today by 11:00 p.m". By around 10:00 p.m. It said it would be "delivered tomorrow by 10:00 p.m." Now it says I will be notified when it will be delivered???!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I pre-ordered the Blu ray of Godzilla vs Kong. Yesterday at 9:00 a.m. the A.ca website said I'd get it "today by 11:00 p.m". By around 10:00 p.m. It said it would be "delivered tomorrow by 10:00 p.m." Now it says I will be notified when it will be delivered???!

Yup. Been there. Is it an Amazon direct delivery not through USPS or UPS? If so, I have complained about stuff like this in the past and they have given me a credit on my order.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This one's fun...

Ordered a couple of items which said they'd be delivered Sunday. Kept insisting this even though they'd not shipped. Got a couple of "We're sorry, there's been a delay in your shipment" emails. Both *finally* go out today and the web site shows:

"Now expected today

We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by today, you can come back here the next day for a refund or replacement."

I love the "Now expected today" when they just shipped early this afternoon.

I also love the "...come back here the next day for a refund or replacement." I did the "Just give me a refund" on an item once that was 2 days over due (plus our "need" had passed) and was told "When/if it arrives, ship it back or we'll charge you again." OK... really? What's the point of that? If I'm going to have to monitor it for you *plus* return something you've replaced/refunded due to it being late then why am I given that option? I'll just wait for it to get truly lost and then file a claim.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon now automatically deducts your Subscribe and Save orders from your promo credits first before charging your credit card (unless the item is fulfilled by Amazon). There is no option to over-ride that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glasses Freek
Recent bookmarks