Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off!

David Norman

Premium
The replacement order ships out today via UPS SurePost with an estimated delivery date of this Wednesday! UPS SurePost, nicknamed UPS SureLost by most of the population of my small town due to how the post office treats these packages..........................

"Can't you de-prioritize UPS SurePost on my account as a shipping method?" I ask.
Not going to help in this situation, but if you do a lot of online shopping and get a lot of SurePost (or just hate it for whatever reason) I strongly recommend signing for UPS MyChoice Premium. You can automatically select to upgrade the majority of Surepost packages to UPS Ground. Trials are often available for $1 a month, something $12/20 per year, or full price 40/yr. Some CC or Cell Phone plans offer a big discount.

I've done numerous discounted 3-6 month plans and paid full price for it a couple year when I couldn't find a code and normally find it well worth the month. All my SP packages upgrade to UPS Ground and usually deliver at least 1-2 days faster. Note it doesn't work for Mail Innovations service. The last couple Christmas they even had a promo for $15 Target Card and 3-6 months of free extension for delivering a certain number of packages to a UPS Pickup Store. Easy way for me to make a bit of money back AND get the packages in a safe place during holiday porch pirate season -- a UPS Store is only a mile from my house so simple. I think my last $40 Annual payment has now added $30 Target GC and 18 months of service so almost free.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Not going to help in this situation, but if you do a lot of online shopping and get a lot of SurePost (or just hate it for whatever reason) I strongly recommend signing for UPS MyChoice Premium. You can automatically select to upgrade the majority of Surepost packages to UPS Ground. Trials are often available for $1 a month, something $12/20 per year, or full price 40/yr. Some CC or Cell Phone plans offer a big discount.
I tried before, but Amazon has some sort of agreement with UPS that makes their shipments ineligible.

What is really getting under my skin is that nearly anything I order has at least a one week lead time, but if I put in the Zip Code for Fallon, NV which is 70 miles away and where all my UPS deliveries make their final stop before getting loaded onto a brown delivery truck, Amazon shows an estimated delivery date 2-3 days from now. No one at Amazon can give me a valid reason for that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've debated dropping Prime as the shipping benefits are no longer honored, but I find I do use Prime streaming fairly often and I get a new free Kindle book every month with their Prime Reads benefit, so it's still probably worth it to me.

David Norman

Premium
I tried before, but Amazon has some sort of agreement with UPS that makes their shipments ineligible.

What is really getting under my skin is that nearly anything I order has at least a one week lead time, but if I put in the Zip Code for Fallon, NV which is 70 miles away and where all my UPS deliveries make their final stop before getting loaded onto a brown delivery truck, Amazon shows an estimated delivery date 2-3 days from now. No one at Amazon can give me a valid reason for that.

That's strange. I guess I order so little from Amazon over the last few years I've never noticed a difference or else in my area Amazon always defaults to USPS. I don't think I've ever heard SurePost is different depending on origination

I'll try to remember to ask at my UPS Store the next time I'm there and see if they can explain it.

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirb-dog