What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
An old guy in a UPS vest driving an unmarked SUV dropped off only two of my packages just now. Only a few more to go. Why didn't he have them?!?

And it turns out Peg had two packages she has been waiting for whch have been at the same UPS facility for a couple days now! This is now starting to get weird.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
An old guy in a UPS vest driving an unmarked SUV dropped off only two of my packages just now. Only a few more to go. Why didn't he have them?!?

And it turns out Peg had two packages she has been waiting for whch have been at the same UPS facility for a couple days now! This is now starting to get weird.
You think you're pissed, I have "The War of the Worlds" Blu-ray missing in the USPS system. It shipped on June 4th and arrived in Detroit on June 6th. It's June 22nd and it's still in Detroit. This was a Deep Discount shipment so it's not just Amazon.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You think you're pissed, I have "The War of the Worlds" Blu-ray missing in the USPS system. It shipped on June 4th and arrived in Detroit on June 6th. It's June 22nd and it's still in Detroit. This was a Deep Discount shipment so it's not just Amazon.
I’d be telling DD to ship another, post haste. If they say no, tell them you’ll protest the CC charge. The merchant chooses the shipper and is responsible for the shipper’s performance. Since it’s USPS maybe they’ll find it before the decade Is out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just had another go-around with Amazon.

This rep refused to contact UPS without me being on the phone call with them. I told them that any numbers of reps had done this before on my behalf (without me being on the actual phone call). I read them the riot act that (as Johnny just so simply noted) that it is Amazon which contracts with the shipper...not the customer. And that it is Amazon which should want to know if UPS is simply just sitting on their thumbs rather than delivering the items which are sitting in their facility just a few miles down the road from me.

And...while I got my Columbia Classics delivered today by UPS (five days after its original due date)...they could not deliver ALL the packages they had at the facility due me.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
they could not deliver ALL the packages they had at the facility due me.

That makes no sense. Naturally.

Amazon has been doing pretty well by me lately -- only one delivery in the past few months has been late (via UPS, for reasons similar to the BS they gave you), but this report makes me very glad I don't have an order with Amazon this week. I went with Criterion directly for Portrait of a Lady On Fire this week and got it a day early.

My next Amazon delivery is scheduled to be July 2, for a book that comes out June 30. We'll see what happens.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
frustrating customer service conversations I've ever had.
Mike, my rounds of chats and phone calls with Amazon Prime Video support last week were extremely frustrating. I redeemed my codes from the Columbia Classics on Movies Anywhere, where they all redeemed as 4K. I check Vudu, FandangoNow, Google Play, and Apple TV (iTunes) - all movies are 4K (minimum) on all of those services. I go to check Prime Video - only LOA and Jerry Maguire transfer over as 4K, the rest are all HD, even though Mr Smith, Dr. Strangelove, and League of Their Own are available to purchase in 4K on Prime Video. To this day, no one at Prime Video support knows what Movies Anywhere is or how it works. One rep tells me my Movies Anyway (that is what she kept calling it) library is not accessible on Prime Video and the Amazon Prime logo only means that the Movies Anyway app is available to use on my Fire Stick. Another rep tells me those movies are not available in 4K. Yet another says Movies Anywhere movies can only be viewed in HD on Prime Video. Several referred me back to MA. I lost count how many times I got transferred around, and even a Customer Service supervisor was unsympathetic, transferring me right back to PV support. No promo credit, nothing.

Two days later, all except Ghandi were upgraded to 4K. I was unable to find Ghandi in 4K on Prime Video, so that explains that.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just had another go-around with Amazon.

This rep refused to contact UPS without me being on the phone call with them. I told them that any numbers of reps had done this before on my behalf (without me being on the actual phone call). I read them the riot act that (as Johnny just so simply noted) that it is Amazon which contracts with the shipper...not the customer. And that it is Amazon which should want to know if UPS is simply just sitting on their thumbs rather than delivering the items which are sitting in their facility just a few miles down the road from me.

And...while I got my Columbia Classics delivered today by UPS (five days after its original due date)...they could not deliver ALL the packages they had at the facility due me.
I've had this happen with UPS before. I actually had to call UPS, beg very nicely to be connected to the depot that supposedly had my package, and ask them to begin a trace. Lo and behold, two days later my package began moving through the system again.

I do have a package currently stuck in Pacoima, CA with Fed Ex Ground since June 9. Fed Ex won't lift a finger to try and locate it (although they've promised to have someone call me back but that has yet to happen), and the studio that shipped the review item hasn't responded to my emails. So be glad Amazon doesn't use Fed Ex anymore...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’d be telling DD to ship another, post haste. If they say no, tell them you’ll protest the CC charge. The merchant chooses the shipper and is responsible for the shipper’s performance. Since it’s USPS maybe they’ll find it before the decade Is out.
There is no other to ship as that Blu-ray is out-of-stock and they've been canceling orders for this import disc. I guess, I'm a little more forgiving than some of you.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
So, I ordered a replacement air filter for my range hood from Amazon on 6/14, and it arrived yesterday (6/22) completely mangled because it was shipped in a padded envelope. Talk about a lack of common sense....

Four chat agents later, it is agreed that the item will be refunded without needing to be returned. We shall see if that holds up.....
20200623_141141.jpg

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amazon also seems to be posting falsified tracking info, or else they can now predict the future. I just checked an order of mine that shows the following tracking info:

1592968007630.png

Current time is around 11:00pm, Tuesday, June 23. Why would there be a future date/time in the tracking as "arrived"? By definition, isn't an arrival a past event?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg has had some really screwy shipping issues lately (with Old Navy). She made an order a few days ago that showed that it shipped/delivered in May t an address in St. Louis.

An Old Navy rep in CA told her that issues likes this were becoming prevalent as USPS tracking numbers have all been used up and are getting repeated. They have seen quite a few cases like this. Eventually the new tracking information gets "tacked on" to the prior tracking information when looked at.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Finally, my copy of "The War of the Worlds" Blu-ray made it to my local USPS facility. It took from June 6th to June 25th, in order to travel about 75 miles.:rolleyes: Now, I wonder how long will it take my local USPS facility to deliver my Blu-ray?:laugh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Finally, my copy of "The War of the Worlds" Blu-ray made it to my local USPS facility. It took from June 6th to June 25th, in order to travel about 75 miles.:rolleyes: Now, I wonder how long will it take my local USPS facility to deliver my Blu-ray?:laugh:
I got it today and watched it on my 65" OLED. :dance:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Finally got my box today. Apparently they consolidated four different orders going back to June 1. I'm going to think twice about buying much from Amazon in the future. I don't necessarily need most things the next day, but as a Prime member I also shouldn't have to wait 3 weeks for some things to be shipped.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Sorry, everyone, for holding up your Amazon shipments with my frivolous orders of shaving cream and Apple remotes. :DGot all my stuff with free shipping within three business days.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've been using their 1 and 2 day shipping more often as they've not offered digital credits on the majority of what I've ordered. It's a choice of 1 or 2 days, free, or wait for my "Amazon day" with no perk for that wait. I ordered a board game yesterday and it was delivered today. A CD will be delivered tomorrow (also ordered yesterday). If they'd return the digital credits I'd do "Amazon Day" for all of them. I don't mind waiting and it's much less cardboard/shipping packets to dispose of/recycle that way. I keep thinking if I really take advantage of those 1 or 2 day time frames they'll eventually return the slow shipping credits to everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks