What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I understand tempers are short and frustrations are high due to this crisis. However, snapping at each other doesn’t change a thing.
Actually, when I made my initial post, I was just venting about my Amazon csr experience, which I thought was ok.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
We’re still allowed to vent our frustrations here, aren’t we? Or is the standard we must all be infected with covid-19 to complain?
I think Josh was referring to Rick Bond's post, not yours. At least that's how I took it... I had to read back to find a post that I felt would get such a response as it seemed odd when read as a response to the two you'd made.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think Josh was referring to Rick Bond's post, not yours. At least that's how I took it... I had to read back to find a post that I felt would get such a response as it seemed odd when read as a response to the two you'd made.
I see a similarity in subject matter between Rick’s post and my post. Josh’s post immediately followed mine and he didn’t use a quote.
I don’t think anybody is saying it’s not ok!
I’ll say this and leave it be. I felt personally attacked.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Any one notice how Amazon is shipping in the retail box more often? They put a disclaimer that the box reveals what’s inside and give you the opportunity for the box to be put in a plain Jane amazon box. I always select that to get the extra protection and to be less tempting to porch pirates.

I buy albums, movies,, and books from Amazon. I remember when their packaging was complete overkill – items shrinkwrapped to a sturdy piece of cardboard, which in turn was placed inside a sturdy cardboard box.

Now, as likely as not, they'll place items in oversized envelopes and ship those. A lot less waste, but presumably a lot less protection, too.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
We’re still allowed to vent our frustrations here, aren’t we? Or is the standard we must all be infected with covid-19 to complain?

Johnny I’m sincerely sorry - it was in no way directed at you and I apologize for the confusion.

I shouldn’t have made that post at all. My bad.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’ll say this and leave it be. I felt personally attacked.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but, I think Josh's comments were meant for somebody else due to these words "fed up". Either way, it's best all of us chill and stop snapping at each other's comments.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Back to Amazon.

Why is it that Blu rays arrive from Britain and Germany through A.uk and A.de in pristine condition, and I never have had trouble with A.ca where as half of my Amazon.com packages have discs which cases look like they were hit by a hammer?

They used to be very hard on the brittle CD and DVD cases, and the more rubbery Blu rays were ok. Not anymore. They are especially hard on anything with multiple discs, often breaking the hinges.

Each time I get an A.com package you can be sure I will be on the phone getting a discount for a broken case.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My question for the moment is why are some releases that are available on Blu-ray and DVD on Amazon.com now only being offered as DVDs on Amazon.ca? The upcoming "Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations" is one of those. Ordering this on Blu-ray for shipping to my address from the former isn't currently an option, because COVID-19.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE! :)

Update: As of today, the above title is now available for ordering to be shipped to Canada. The $23.48 U.S. shipping fee (By Amazon Global Shipping, I believe?) pretty much makes it cost prohibitive for me, though.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I buy albums, movies,, and books from Amazon. I remember when their packaging was complete overkill – items shrinkwrapped to a sturdy piece of cardboard, which in turn was placed inside a sturdy cardboard box.

Now, as likely as not, they'll place items in oversized envelopes and ship those. A lot less waste, but presumably a lot less protection, too.
I *always* appreciated that shrink wrapped piece of cardboard packaging. Since they dumped it, and boxes for the most part, for bubble mailers I get more damaged products. So far, none bad enough to return but...

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I received The shout Release of the Complete Series Saved by the bell from Amazon today. It was in Good Condition. No Broken hinges for Spindles. Thats the Good News. On the not so Good end, I ordered N95 reusable Masks (package of 3) That was shipped May 2nd according to Amazon and there is no tracking number. I thought N95 Masks were Essential. I still dont have them and Amazon Customer Service doesn't exist

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I received The shout Release of the Complete Series Saved by the bell from Amazon today. It was in Good Condition. No Broken hinges for Spindles. Thats the Good News. On the not so Good end, I ordered N95 reusable Masks (package of 3) That was shipped May 2nd according to Amazon and there is no tracking number. I thought N95 Masks were Essential. I still dont have them and Amazon Customer Service doesn't exist
Jeez, I don’t remember not having a tracking number from Amazon. Have you checked your list of orders to see if there a tracking number?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Jeez, I don’t remember not having a tracking number from Amazon. Have you checked your list of orders to see if there a tracking number?
I seem to recall the not getting a tracking number with a direct Amazon order did happen to me once, but at the moment, I just remember being shocked by it. Conversely, I did once have a tracking number from an Amazon Marketplace merchant, and I do remember the details of that quite well, as my order for a previously enjoyed MGM 'OUR GANG' DVD set got misdirected from Toronto (Where it was very likely incorrectly scanned!) to Halifax, before it finally arrived at our home just a few hours north of T.O. almost a week late!

CHEERS! :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I received the complete series set of the Friday the 13th TV series last month. The entire inside of the case was broken and all discs were floating with light scratches. But I've played a couple and they seem to play fine, so at this point it's really not worth it to me to go through the refund/ship it back process. I think I paid less than $20.

Plus, the series really doesn't hold up to what I remembered, so I may not even watch it all.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I received the complete series set of the Friday the 13th TV series last month. The entire inside of the case was broken and all discs were floating with light scratches. But I've played a couple and they seem to play fine, so at this point it's really not worth it to me to go through the refund/ship it back process. I think I paid less than $20.

Plus, the series really doesn't hold up to what I remembered, so I may not even watch it all.
Well, if you don’t watch it at all, I’d return it. You print a label and drop it off at UPS or a store that has a UPS pickup. Easy as pie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks