What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I ordered Star Trek Discovery Season 2 on DVD on Friday. It arrived today in my mail box even though it is Easter Sunday.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
The failure of 3D is nobody's fault other than the consumer who didn't buy into and continue to support its releases.

The 3D TVs were few in number and cost extra. The 3D titles cost a LOT extra. The selection of titles was very limited. And you had to wear special glasses. It all added up to a lot of investment (in $$$ and/or inconvenience) for very little return.

I can't blame the consumer for not buying into THAT.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I didnt know until just now that Deep Discount sells On Amazon. Yesterday, I purchased Cheers and Frasier Complete Series Sets. I Checked the shipping progress. Cheers is being shipped by Amazon. Frasier By Deep Discount

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You can often get DD items for a few $$ less by buying from them direct rather than through their Amazon presence. Even more so if they're running a % off coupon.

On Amazon's MP they currently go by "Deep_Discount_Entertainment"

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
You can often get DD items for a few $$ less by buying from them direct rather than through their Amazon presence. Even more so if they're running a % off coupon.

Probably faster, too.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I ran into an oddity on something I was returning yesterday. I ordered some slippers for my wife, and they were too small (even though they were supposed to be her size). When I initiated the refund, I was given an option for the funds to be placed on my Amazon account within 2-4 hours, or to wait 14 days after the return has been received to have it applied to my credit card. This was through a third party seller, but I do not recall ever having two such dissimilar options for when I would get my funds returned.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I ran into an oddity on something I was returning yesterday. I ordered some slippers for my wife, and they were too small (even though they were supposed to be her size). When I initiated the refund, I was given an option for the funds to be placed on my Amazon account within 2-4 hours, or to wait 14 days after the return has been received to have it applied to my credit card. This was through a third party seller, but I do not recall ever having two such dissimilar options for when I would get my funds returned.
Yes, I’ve never had that option before. Quite different. In the past when I’ve returned an item, they’ve processed the credit as soon as they see it’s been entered into the ups system.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I guess modem/routers are essential goods. Just ordered a Motorola router and it’ll be delivered this Monday.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Yes, I’ve never had that option before. Quite different. In the past when I’ve returned an item, they’ve processed the credit as soon as they see it’s been entered into the ups system.

I have noticed this too when I use amazon's return form, to return something.

As soon as I drop off the returnpackage at the nearby carrier outlet, the package is immediately scanned by the clerk. On the reciept they give me, there's a tracking number which I check on the carrier's tracking web site which shows the date and time I dropped off that returnpackage. (I usually watch the tracking page for the next few days to see the progress until amazon picks it up).

In normal times, I have noticed amazon issues the refund within a day after that returnpackage is scanned by the clerk. Even when the returnpackage takes almost a week to arrive at amazon (such as over a holiday long weekend).

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Yep, Thats them. I was notified that Frasier has been shipped but Cheers has not. I am assuming that is because Frasier was bought from Deep Discount and Cheers From Amazon

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Any one notice how Amazon is shipping in the retail box more often? They put a disclaimer that the box reveals what’s inside and give you the opportunity for the box to be put in a plain Jane amazon box. I always select that to get the extra protection and to be less tempting to porch pirates.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Everything is a MESS now with Amazon because of this Virus. : ( 2 day Prime shipping is out of the question. 6 day's now or better for me. You can't call them anymore. And to top it all off my bedroom Sony 65 inch 4K TV needs repair almost 1 month. Geek Squad can't come to my house in New Jersey yet because of The Virus ! : ( ?? Pissed Off Big Time.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Everything is a MESS now with Amazon because of this Virus. : ( 2 day Prime shipping is out of the question. 6 day's now or better for me. You can't call them anymore. And to top it all off my bedroom Sony 65 inch 4K TV needs repair almost 1 month. Geek Squad can't come to my house in New Jersey yet because of The Virus ! : ( ?? Pissed Off Big Time.
Sorry to hear about your TV, and lack of Geek Squad. Unfortunately services like Geek Squad won’t be allowed to resume any time soon, in my
opinion. I definitely share your feelings about being fed up- I lost my temper at what I thought were unnecessary restrictions inside a truck stop convenience store, and I let a few F bombs fly. I’m going to try my best to boycott the state
that the store is located- no diesel fuel or any other high dollar purchases.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Last Saturday I returned two times via UPS they pack it for you service. All free. They credited the credit card by Monday. But one item was paid for in points and credit card. So I chatted with Amazon and I “talked” with 2 csr’s who kept saying the whole refund went to the credit card, when I could clearly see only that which was paid by credit card, was refunded by credit card.

A third one came online and finally got it right. My points had had been refunded as point. I think this took 45’ and it should have taken 5’.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yeah. I've gotten a few orders that have been later than they would have been in a non-pandemic world, but that's fine. By and large, I have been very satisfied with Amazon's ability to still get me my orders within a reasonable timeframe given current circumstances. Is it perfect? No, but they've done very well by me all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks