What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (2 Viewers)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I am at a complete loss as to why I am still using Amazon to order movies.

I ordered 6 movies recently--oh I got them in the two day shipping time alright....with 5 DIFFERENT delivery drivers, all unmarked vehicles two arriving within 10 minutes of each other-- one $8 movie arrived in a massive U Haul truck. Laughable.

My neighbors must think I have gone batshit crazy ordering everything under the sun with all the traffic, when in fact it was small order of 6 BD order.

Oh and one of the flimsy packaging with a movie in it was crushed floating scratched disc inside--That's what I'm talkin about:angry:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Amazon delivery people are photographing the package they leave on your doorstep. That image shows up in my orders page. Why are they doing this? Is this an attempt to say “we put at your front door, we’ve completed the delivery.” Which also brings to Ming this question: If I’m victim of a porch private, who responsibility is it to replace the item?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We have an outside screen door, and then about a 3’ by 3’ cement space and then our front locked door. When we know a package is about to be delivered, I tape a small notice facing out that my wife has laminated. It says:

Hi!
Please remove this notice and place it under the package on the floor between the doors!
Thanks!

So far this has worked like a charm, and when we get home we have found the package with the notice under it on the floor. We just have to always remember to unlock the outside door.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was looking at ordering the blu ray of The Mole People from Amazon and I’m a prime customer. I am being offered free Prime shipping arriving on June 10 or I can select no-rush shipping and get the buck off digital orders and it will arrive the 10th or 11th. What happened to my 2-day prime?

Did a little more research. Anything I look at says it will arrive on the 10th. These are in-stock items. I will be calling Amazon.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I was looking at ordering the blu ray of The Mole People from Amazon and I’m a prime customer. I am being offered free Prime shipping arriving on June 10 or I can select no-rush shipping and get the buck off digital orders and it will arrive the 10th or 11th. What happened to my 2-day prime?

Did a little more research. Anything I look at says it will arrive on the 10th. These are in-stock items. I will be calling Amazon.
Something screwy may be going on in Central and Northern California that is affecting Amazon's fulfillment centers. I had two Fed Ex Ground shipments (not Amazon orders) that were supposed to arrive today but got delayed in Tracy and Sacramento - they were dispatched and then returned to the Fed Ex center a few hours later, to try again tonight.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My Amazon package today had quite a trip.

I ordered a disc last Friday or Saturday, and they offered guaranteed Monday delivery. Rather than sending it out for overnight or two night delivery, they sent it today via same day delivery from New Jersey to New York City.

But the package was misrouted and went from Jersey to Virginia this morning. Upon arrival, it was sent back to Jersey, and then delivered around 8pm tonight.

Nothing wrong or to complain about from my end, and pretty cool that they handled that all in the same day and made their delivery window, but man, what a laughably inefficient way of doing it.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Something screwy may be going on in Central and Northern California that is affecting Amazon's fulfillment centers. I had two Fed Ex Ground shipments (not Amazon orders) that were supposed to arrive today but got delayed in Tracy and Sacramento - they were dispatched and then returned to the Fed Ex center a few hours later, to try again tonight.
Actually, it’s not that. The package that was first ordered and show to arrive on the 10th is residing in my mailbox. I’ve got two other packages scheduled for the 10th, but tracking shows they will arrive tomorrow. I did some experimenting and determined that anything I order get’s scheduled for the 10th. I’ve talked to 2 CRS’s and both have said i’m not setup for Amazon Day shipping. They’re looking into it.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I’m seeing a listing for delivery on Thursday the 6th. Not sure what you are looking at

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Amazon's Prime delivery is at best a guess nowadays. Today's scheduled delivery has been re-scheduled. Sigh... Best give things a week to show up because their 2-day shipping schtick is becoming a thing of the past.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Amazon's Prime delivery is at best a guess nowadays. Today's scheduled delivery has been re-scheduled. Sigh... Best give things a week to show up because their 2-day shipping schtick is becoming a thing of the past.

Just wait until Amazon start delivering by drones-then you may have problems.Haven't they experimented with that idea already ?Already pizzas are being delivered by driverless cars in USA and by robots in Wellingon,New Zealand .Drones are also being used for deliveries in Canberra (Australia) despite noise complaints from the neighbours...We already have supermarkets where there are no cashiers and your trolley of groceries is scanned by laser as you leave the premises and the amount is charged to your credit card. Just walk in ,buy and walk out the door-no human contact needed.Blame society for wanting to buy something on line and wants it delivered the same day..

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Just wait until Amazon start delivering by drones-then you may have problems.Haven't they experimented with that idea already ?Already pizzas are being delivered by driverless cars in USA and by robots in Wellingon,New Zealand .Drones are also being used for deliveries in Canberra (Australia) despite noise complaints from the neighbours...We already have supermarkets where there are no cashiers and your trolley of groceries is scanned by laser as you leave the premises and the amount is charged to your credit card. Just walk in ,buy and walk out the door-no human contact needed.Blame society for wanting to buy something on line and wants it delivered the same day..
Perhaps it’s an advantage living in a town like Little Rock. Any technology change is going to get her 20 years later. :D

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I order a lot from the 3 English speaking Amazons (.uk, .com and .ca), and I guess I am a bit obsessive, because I check multiple times a day to shop or see how my orders are doing.

Suddenly the Amazon app is as the Irish would say is “shite”. Just about every other time it now asked me for my e-mail address and pass word, even in the middle of a session. It also often gives me a blank screen with the words “still loading” at the top, and I give up and look later.

Accessing the sites by Google search seems to work better.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Since Amazon has started offering Free One Day Delivery to Prime members, I have yet to have a single package shipped using this method actually arrive the next business day. More often than not, it's slower than the Free Two Day Shipping used to be. Every single order ends up in "Package delayed in transit". If it's going to take them five days to deliver something, I'd rather they just be straight with me than promise me one day shipping when they know they're not going to be able to deliver on that promise.

And unlike the old days, where they would give you an account credit for orders later than the promised delivery date, they won't provide any compensation whatsoever for breaking the one day shipping promise.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I order a lot from the 3 English speaking Amazons (.uk, .com and .ca), and I guess I am a bit obsessive, because I check multiple times a day to shop or see how my orders are doing.

Suddenly the Amazon app is as the Irish would say is “shite”. Just about every other time it now asked me for my e-mail address and pass word, even in the middle of a session. It also often gives me a blank screen with the words “still loading” at the top, and I give up and look later.

Accessing the sites by Google search seems to work better.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Did you intend to say something else, Terry? Your post #318 looks to me like a quoted duplicate of your post #316.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
You are correct! I think I am losing my mind! I was happy to see someone else with the same experience and didn’t realize I was agreeing with myself! I erased it after it was sent, but it was too late. I am going to lie down now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks