What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, but you can't click on an item to read the reviews of just that item. That is the point I think Johnny was trying to make.
You can sort to an extent by clicking the keyword options in the reviews area. Below, brings up just the reviews related to the filter cartridges:

upload_2019-3-6_12-23-46.png

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I can’t give a solution if the product reviews are mixed products, but if you clic on the star ratings, it takes you to a page where they are displayed as a graph. Below is the option for latest reviews vs best reviews. If you click on latest reviews they are displayed by dates and you can read down until the reviews are too early for your product.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, but you can't click on an item to read the reviews of just that item. That is the point I think Johnny was trying to make.
Yes, when I’m interested in a product, I want only the reviews for that product, and only the overall rating for that product.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I can’t give a solution if the product reviews are mixed products, but if you clic on the star ratings, it takes you to a page where they are displayed as a graph. Below is the option for latest reviews vs best reviews. If you click on latest reviews they are displayed by dates and you can read down until the reviews are too early for your product.
On that same page you can select the exact product from a drop down. Look for the "All formats" drop down, click it. You'll see the option for the specific item you're looking at. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not as there are clueless people who just don't seem to understand how to properly submit a review and get it on a different product/release than they have.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yes, when I’m interested in a product, I want only the reviews for that product, and only the overall rating for that product.
That you can't get and Amazon just doesn't seem to care. I used to complain regularly about their combining different versions/products/editions. They'd reply "Thanks for your input. I've passed it along to the proper department." yet nothing ever changed. I no longer bother.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That you can't get and Amazon just doesn't seem to care. I used to complain regularly about their combining different versions/products/editions. They'd reply "Thanks for your input. I've passed it along to the proper department." yet nothing ever changed. I no longer bother.

One that got me lately is that one time, I was reading reviews on the release of the first half-go of Vega$ (that 1978-81 ABC detective/action series w/the late Robert Urich), and many of the reviews on that entry were for that later unsuccessful CBS series called Vegas (that without the $ in the title)!

I couldn't understand why the reviews for CBS' DVD of that unsuccessful later Vegas series on CBS television were mixed in with reviews for one of CBS' half-season Vega$ releases (still can't to this day)!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I received my Order of The James bond set on Blu Ray early this morning. this is the first time Amazon's Logistics delivery service has delivered anything to me without it being Late. To say I am amazed is an understatement

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Here's my latest frustration with Amazon.

I just ordered a new cable modem from them on Friday. They promised me Guaranteed Delivery for yesterday, Sunday March 10th (they do Sunday delivery in my area so this isn't out of the ordinary for them). The item didn't ship on Friday for two day delivery. It didn't ship on Saturday for overnight delivery. It didn't ship on Sunday for same day delivery. It just didn't ship at all. The order page still says that it'll be delivered on March 10.

This is the kind of stuff that can drive a person crazy. There should at the least be some kind of algorithm in their system that notices an item that was guaranteed to be delivered on Sunday hasn't even shipped out on Monday. If their system would at least acknowledge, "This item is late, we will provide additional updates ASAP," I'd be less annoyed.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

I just ordered a new cable modem from them on Friday. They promised me Guaranteed Delivery for yesterday, Sunday March 10th (they do Sunday delivery in my area so this isn't out of the ordinary for them). The item didn't ship on Friday for two day delivery. It didn't ship on Saturday for overnight delivery. It didn't ship on Sunday for same day delivery. It just didn't ship at all. The order page still says that it'll be delivered on March 10.

This is the kind of stuff that can drive a person crazy. There should at the least be some kind of algorithm in their system that notices an item that was guaranteed to be delivered on Sunday hasn't even shipped out on Monday. If their system would at least acknowledge, "This item is late, we will provide additional updates ASAP," I'd be less annoyed.
And I'm sure they will come up with some excuse where it is in no way their fault, likely either a carrier issue or that they are using a third-party fulfillment center.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
And I'm sure they will come up with some excuse where it is in no way their fault, likely either a carrier issue or that they are using a third-party fulfillment center.

Did a chat with them after I posted. To my surprise, they said it was their fault due to an issue at their fulfillment center. And they promised I'd have it tomorrow. But given that it still hasn't shipped and that the order page still looks exactly the same as before I complained, I'm not expecting it to actually arrive tomorrow.

They have this way of knowing which packages I need the most and which are inconsequential, and then always getting me the inconsequential ones on time and the important ones late or damaged.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I received my Order of The James bond set on Blu Ray early this morning. this is the first time Amazon's Logistics delivery service has delivered anything to me without it being Late. To say I am amazed is an understatement

You're not alone-- I've gotten quite a few things from Amazon far in advance of their stated arrival dates; one has been that A&E release of the Cincinnati Reds 1975 World Series for Christmas one year. I didn't expect it for quite a few days before when it was scheduled to arrive, but one day, I opened the mailbox, and bingo, there it was! I was nothing short of amazed and thrilled!

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

See my post from a week or so ago, Josh...

Mine was for mundane, in-stock items...which just never shipped until AFTER it was due to have arrived.

I got me a credit just by continuing to ask...but, why?? As Todd notes, they'll try to blame it on everyone but themselves. "But how can it be a carrier problem if you haven't even shipped it yet???" :rolleyes:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
See my post from a week or so ago, Josh...

Mine was for mundane, in-stock items...which just never shipped until AFTER it was due to have arrived.

I got me a credit just by continuing to ask...but, why?? As Todd notes, they'll try to blame it on everyone but themselves. "But how can it be a carrier problem if you haven't even shipped it yet???" :rolleyes:
Two favorite quotes that come to mind in these situations:

Who's on first?

I know he can get the job, but can he do the job?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mike, that's why I was absolutely stunned when the guy said that it was a problem with their Warehouse. I've never heard it be their fault before!

It still felt a little bit like leading a horse to water... cause the guy was like... "Yes, it hasn't shipped" and I had to keep prompting him to get to the "OK, so when is it going to be shipped?" part of the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks