What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (2 Viewers)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I used to do many brief reasonable reviews of my purchases on Amazon.com. Lately however, each time I do a review, I receive an e-mail rejecting it and telling me to refer to a page of guidelines. The last 3 times this has happened, I have read through these guidelines and can never find anything in my review that contradicts them. I have decided to stop submitting reviews. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes, very much so! I had it when I was reviewing Timeless' M Squad all-in-one-- I talked about what the show was about, how it was packaged, A/V, and similar things. I submitted the review, and was rebuffed, but had no idea why, outside of Amazon telling me to refer to their "guidelines." I never could find out what it was that was in violation of those guidelines, though.

Fortunately, the last several reviews I've submitted have not run into that problem.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, very much so! I had it when I was reviewing Timeless' M Squad all-in-one-- I talked about what the show was about, how it was packaged, A/V, and similar things. I submitted the review, and was rebuffed, but had no idea why, outside of Amazon telling me to refer to their "guidelines." I never could find out what it was that was in violation of those guidelines, though.

Fortunately, the last several reviews I've submitted have not run into that problem.

Amazon seems not to want to hear anything bad about themselves. Ive looked over some of the transcripts that people posted and thought to myself Ummm A company actually hires people and they communicate in such a robotic manner?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
It really bothers me that it isn't possible to reply to other people's comments on Amazon when using my mobile device, as the "Comment" button never displays. I thought that online interactions were eventually supposed to be made friendlier on mobile devices, not less! Anyway, now that I once again have a separate keyboard for my Laptop, it'll be easier to reply on my PC, at least.

EDIT: OK, the "Comment" button DOES appear on my Google Pixel Android device when I enter a check mark beside the "Desktop site" option that appears within the Google Chrome pull down menu. I still feel that it should just be there automatically, though.

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Speaking of reviews, has anyone noticed products are getting reviews for another product mixed in with the original product. I’ve noticed this several times. I also noticed a product with over 6,000 reviews and ALL were 5 stars. Not a single 4 star or less. I used the report a problem button for that. Nothing with of 6K reviews gets all 5 stars.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wrote a review a while back which I guess concentrated mostly on the packaging rather than the item itself. They said that was an issue between me and the seller, and not appropriate to a review of the merchandise, and it was rejected.

I'm not sure if there's a separate place to write a review of the seller and their practices vs. the merchandise itself?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I wrote a review a while back which I guess concentrated mostly on the packaging rather than the item itself. They said that was an issue between me and the seller, and not appropriate to a review of the merchandise, and it was rejected.

I'm not sure if there's a separate place to write a review of the seller and their practices vs. the merchandise itself?
"Leave Seller Feedback" from the order itself. That option opens once an order ships and stays open for about 90 days. You can select that option from any MP or Prime Pantry order and then see all orders awaiting "Seller Feedback" so you don't have to find the exact order in your "Orders" queue first.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
??? I got a USPS delivery from Amazon yesterday - Sunday. I'd guess I've had 5 Sunday deliveries since January 1st.

That is weird. I got my package yesterday from an unmarked car which I assumed was a delivery for hire(early evening). I thought the USPS lost their contract with Amazon.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Speaking of reviews, has anyone noticed products are getting reviews for another product mixed in with the original product.

Like different packaging formats of the same single seasonal release of a show (slipcases v. keepcase, for instance)?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Usually, you can tell which delivery service Amazon uses to send your package by the address label. If it is USPS, UPS, or Amazon, it should be on the label somewhere. The other delivery companies or individuals should show on the label, too. Something like LLS, LLD. Off hand, I can't remember some of the real ones.

On the last Amazon Sunday delivery I had, I saw a big dark van on the street with an Amazon logo. (In the recent past, I have seen smaller white trucks with Amazon logos, too.) Anyway, my package was delivered, hours later, by a woman, out of an unmarked car. Some times the unmarked car folks will send an email, thru Amazon, saying your package was delivered by 5 PM, but it actually shows up the next morning.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I Pre Ordered House of Cards season 6 back in December 2018 .. According to Amazon, it shipped from Columbia SC (which is where I live) then last night, I checked the progress and for some reason, it was sent to Concord NC. This Morning it says it Came back to Columbia and will be delivered by USPS ..I'm wondering what sense it made to move it around in that manner

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Like different packaging formats of the same single seasonal release of a show (slipcases v. keepcase, for instance)?
No, a completely different product. For some Apple Watch bands there were review for a tablet case of some sort mixed in with the watch band reviews. It’s happened more than once.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I Pre Ordered House of Cards season 6 back in December 2018 .. According to Amazon, it shipped from Columbia SC (which is where I live) then last night, I checked the progress and for some reason, it was sent to Concord NC. This Morning it says it Came back to Columbia and will be delivered by USPS ..I'm wondering what sense it made to move it around in that manner
Could be due to USPS routing. I can mail a package here that's going across town and it goes to Memphis, gets sorted, comes back here, gets sorted again, gets delivered. It now takes minimum 3 days for a 1st class letter to go across town as they, too, are sent to Memphis and come back. When they did sorting here (and the building's still standing and used for stuff coming from Memphis) it would get delivered the next day.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This morning I got a Notification saying the Package was in my mailbox at 11 Am but it didnt get to my house until 2 :30 This afternoon

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
No, a completely different product. For some Apple Watch bands there were review for a tablet case of some sort mixed in with the watch band reviews. It’s happened more than once.

Why would different products' reviews be mixed together?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Why would different products' reviews be mixed together?

I see this all the time. You go to the Amazon page for a Blu-ray release of a certain film...and start reading the reviews, but you find that there are reviews for earlier DVD releases, VHS releases and even reviews of the theatrical release (why would Amazon even allow those?) all included in the reviews for that film.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I see this all the time. You go to the Amazon page for a Blu-ray release of a certain film...and start reading the reviews, but you find that there are reviews for earlier DVD releases, VHS releases and even reviews of the theatrical release (why would Amazon even allow those?) all included in the reviews for that film.
This is even worse. I’ve seen what you cite, but at least it’s for the same movie. This was a listing for an Apple Watch band that contained reviews for what was apparently a tablet case.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Here is an example of what Johnny is talking about:

Keurig Rinse Pods

There are reviews for the Rinse Pods, Descaling Solution, Descaling Solution + Water Filter, etc.

Probably because all of those things are grouped together on the same page. You can click on those other options on the same page to purchase those alternative items.

upload_2019-3-6_12-16-25.png

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Probably because all of those things are grouped together on the same page. You can click on those other options on the same page to purchase those alternative items.

View attachment 55938
Yes, but you can't click on an item to read the reviews of just that item. That is the point I think Johnny was trying to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks