What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (2 Viewers)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
For Xmas I got a couple Amazon gift cards which I redeemed to put them into my account. I wasn’t going to use them right away, but combine them with my rewards point for a substantial purchase. Amazon lets me choose when I use my rewards points but apparently not the gift cards. I can find no place in the ordering process that says use/don’t use the gift cards. They just get used automatically.

Anyone else have this issue?
It's part of the standard order page.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Amazon Order Page.png

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am a prime member. After reading thorough this whole thread, I am glad to see I am not the only one who has been having issues with Amazon Making delivery dates. Mine only seem to get screwed up when its amazon's logistics service doing the delivery. If its USPS or UPS No problem but whenever I order something and see a TBA in the tracking #, I expect to have issues with tardiness. my most recent one was that I ordered Star Trek TNG and Enterprise on Blu Ray on Friday morning and was told it would arrive on Super bowl Sunday by 9 Pm. It didnt come and I got an e mail at 9:30 PM ..I never had issues when I was in Tampa but in South Carolina (Where they have a Distribution center no less) They cannot deliver on time... What Gives ??

As for returns, I have only had to do that twice for defective items One was The Andy Griffith show DVD Complete Series and a Set of Coffee cups ordered that one was broken when they arrived. In each cases, I got replacements that were in excellent condition.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
One on my orders finally shipped using Amazon’s delivery service. It was scheduled to be delivered by 9PM yesterday and arrived just before noon. I love the tracking feature where I can see not only where my package is, but how many stops the truck has to make before getting to me. I must be in the minority of people who don’t have any issues when it comes to Amazon purchases and deliveries. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The first disc Had issues playing Ellie Comes to Town ..The Special Features Disc couldn't play Opie Joins the Marines or the original Pilot where Danny Thomas meets Andy .. I received a replacement Set in which the discs played without issues

I take it by your description that you mean the original version of that Andy Griffith all-in-one, with the gingham pattern on the packaging, and fold-out individual seasonal packages; is that correct?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
One on my orders finally shipped using Amazon’s delivery service. It was scheduled to be delivered by 9PM yesterday and arrived just before noon. I love the tracking feature where I can see not only where my package is, but how many stops the truck has to make before getting to me. I must be in the minority of people who don’t have any issues when it comes to Amazon purchases and deliveries. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’m in your minority too. I have rarely had issues. How do you get that tracking feature?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m in your minority too. I have rarely had issues. How do you get that tracking feature?
When I went into the Amazon app on my iPhone, selected the order, and clicked “Track package”, it automatically opened a map view. It also did this if I tracked the package via the shipment confirmation email from Amazon.

I was assuming that was a default feature for items shipped using Amazon’s own delivery service.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I think those might depend on better packaging than what you got!
Excerpts from my support chat:

Atul:Hello, my name is Atul. I'm here to help you today.
HI Todd, thanks for writing this.
Wish you a grateful new year ahead.
Kindly stay connected, let me have a look into this.
Me:New Year? It's almost March

Me:the side of the box was kicked in. this happens all too frequently, despite promises from Amazon Chat Support agents that this would never, ever happen again!
Atul:I'm sorry you had problem with your this order, kindly understand, for the delivery of the orders we're totally dependent on carrier services as we're a online retailer but we always try to deliver the best to you valuable customer, we never want our valuable customer bear any loss with us
To make the things better from my end I'm escalating this issue directly to our shipping department and let them know that you had issues with this order delivery and mark your account in priority notes and let them know to not assign the same carrier for your future orders and I'm pretty sure that you'll not face they same issue with your future orders deliveries, they'll take care of this on their best.
Me:just a moment, I need to pull myself up off the floor from laughing so hard
Atul:I've checked with my all resources and to make the things better from my end, I'm issuing you full refund for this item: Ricola Mixed Berry with Vitamin C Supplement Drops, 19 Drops (Pack of 12), Naturally Helps Support the Body's Immune System
and for this item I'm giving you free return label for this item and as soon as the item will receive back full refund will process back to you
I hope this'll help you
Me:I never said they were damaged, only the shipping box.
Atul:Thank you. To make the things better from my end, I'm transferring this chat to concerned department they'll help you best with this.
As I said, I give up....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't understand the complaint if the items were not damaged. Damage to the box is on the carrier, not Amazon. And if the items arrived undamaged, I'm not sure why we care about the condition of the box? As long as the box took the brunt of the mishandling, and not the merchandise, it seems like all is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks