Amazon Deal of the Day: The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Extended Trilogy $43.49 (64% off)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Damn.

I'd love to be able to justify this somehow...but I don't know if there's a way.

Damn.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the head's up. I really have no business buying this since my films to watch backlog is so immense, but I guess that has never stopped me (or anyone else in this hobby) before.
- Walter.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Be aware that the films are on BD but the extra features discs are just the DVDs from the old 4-disc sets (plus 3 more DVDs of SD extras). If they'd upgraded the extras to HD this would be a no-brainer, but as it is the upgrade is a tougher decision. I know the BDs look better, do they look better enough to justify?
And is there a chance that the whole set will be released on BD at some point?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/325205/amazon-deal-of-the-day-the-lord-of-the-rings-motion-picture-extended-trilogy-43-49-64-off#post_4001713
Be aware that the films are on BD but the extra features discs are just the DVDs from the old 4-disc sets. If they'd upgraded the extras to HD this would be a no-brainer, but as it is the upgrade is a tougher decision. I know the BDs look better, do they look better enough to justify?
I'd also add in the chance to get rid of the original 2 disc DVD sets of each movie PLUS with 4 disc (each) extended editions. That would free up a fair amount of room for me...most likely half a shelf or more.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I may need to get this just to qualify for free shipping on another item that is tempting me something awful. . .I don't even want to say it but it rhymes with "oppola restoration" and it's under $20. . .
:D

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikesfan1963