What's new

Amazon Day Not To Be Confused With Amazon Prime Day (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
To get Add On Items without having $25 of stuff in your cart. I got this message when I checked out with an add on item in my cart without have $25 in my cart. A Prime member perk, apparently.
Amazon Day

Important message
Add-on item(s) ship FREE with Amazon Day delivery OR with $25 of qualifying items. Choose your Amazon Day below. Learn More
Your Amazon Day
1. Pick a day of the week that works for you
2. Order items throughout the week and choose Amazon Day Delivery
3. Get your weekly orders delivered for FREE on that day each week

Choose your Amazon Day
Mon,Tue, Wed,Thu,Fri, Sat

Amazon Day will appear as an additional ship option along with your regular Prime delivery speed options.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
To get Add On Items without having $25 of stuff in your cart. I got this message when I checked out with an add on item in my cart without have $25 in my cart. A Prime member perk, apparently.
Amazon Day

Important message
Add-on item(s) ship FREE with Amazon Day delivery OR with $25 of qualifying items. Choose your Amazon Day below. Learn More
Your Amazon Day
1. Pick a day of the week that works for you
2. Order items throughout the week and choose Amazon Day Delivery
3. Get your weekly orders delivered for FREE on that day each week

Choose your Amazon Day
Mon,Tue, Wed,Thu,Fri, Sat

Amazon Day will appear as an additional ship option along with your regular Prime delivery speed options.
I don’t understand the benefit of this. If you’re a Prime member, you already get free shipping

What am I missing?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don’t understand the benefit of this. If you’re a Prime member, you already get free shipping

What am I missing?
There are some items that are listed as "add-on" even for Prime members, meaning Amazon will not ship them unless they are included in a $25 minimum order. It's usually small items. This new option lets you place orders for those items standalone and just pick the day of the week you want them shipped. I don't order add-on items too often, but always found it annoying when something I did want fell into this category. I like this new option, as I can usually wait a few days for whatever I order -- in fact, quite often I choose Amazon's "no rush" shipping option when they are offering $1 credits towards digital purchases. I accumulate those credits for free movie rentals.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

What am I missing?
Before they started this even Prime members had to have a minimum $25 purchase before "Add On" items would ship. It was quite annoying. Hopefully this'll continue past the Holiday period.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I like this new option, as I can usually wait a few days for whatever I order -- in fact, quite often I choose Amazon's "no rush" shipping option when they are offering $1 credits towards digital purchases. I accumulate those credits for free movie rentals.
Yep. I'm quite happy to wait a day or three if I don't have to get a $25 order up for an add-on product.

I *always* opt for "no rush" shipping and earn enough in a year to fully offset the cost of Prime. I use them for movies, music, and software purchases.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
"The Martian "blu ray for $3.99 was the add on item I bought that I found out about Amazon Day.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Amazon day not to be confused with Amazon Prime day....

So does this mean they'll actually have good deals?
Amazon Day is not a "sale" -- it just refers to the day of the week you selected when your Amazon add-on items will be shipped. That day of the week is your "Amazon Day" every single week when you order an add-on item.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Your "Amazon Day" is not set in stone when select it. It can apparently be moved to 2 days out from the day the order is placed. Order early enough on a Tuesday and you can set it for Thursday of that week. At least that's how it's worked for me so far. It's only different from normal 2-day shipping in that you can specify the exact date for a delivery outside that 2-day delivery window.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for posting about this. I had not discovered this yet.

I've never ordered an add-on item, but this is good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread