What's new

Amazon.com Visa $30 promotion offer (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
(I thought I was going to get $30 off some dvds that I ordered)

I recently got an Amazon Bank One visa.
www.amazon.com/visa
From what I understand on their website, once you make a purchase you are supposed to receive a $30 promotion offer in your account/shopping cart.
I contacted Amazon visa yesterday and told them only $0.30 was in my account. They said that was Amazon's responsibility. A guy transferred me to Amazon and a lady said she credited my account. I never got an email proving this so I ended up canceling the order that I made yesterday and cancelled my card.
I keep getting the run around from Amazon and Bank One.
I just wanted to let everyone know that any one obtaining an Amazon visa for this $30 offer to beware.
I ordered "Scrooged", "Spirited Away" and "Christmas With The Simpsons".
I just can't take a chance and pay the regular price for these DVDs when I'm supposed to get $30 off with my order.
Here is a partial copy of my order that I cancelled.

You can clearly see the $0.30 promotional offer that was in my shopping cart.
Just warning a few people who sign up for this offer.

DevinJC

Stunt Coordinator
I just signed up for this deal and it worked fine. Panny F87k $79 shipped. :)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Interesting info I thought I'd pass along in case it helps anybody. I think I pretty well screwed myself unfortunately.

I signed up for this offer and got the screen saying my application needed more time to review, I'd get my card in two weeks if approved and be able to use the $30 yada yada yada.

Got thinking about it and I realized I already had an amazon.com visa that I hadn't used since I signed up for a similar offer a year ago.

I figured I'd be rejected since I already had a Bank One card, so I called and cancelled my card that I hadn't used.

Well, the next day (today) my amazon card still shows as an option on my account and guess what? The $30 credit shows up on my old card!! I was going to place an order, but I cancelled it figuring that my card cancellation will go through pretty soon, and whenever my items ship the order will have to be cancelled since the account is closed.

Had I known this would happen I would never have cancelled my old account. Doh!!

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Worked fine for me. I got Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 and Ali G Season 1 for a total of $4.97 shipped!! Great Christmas presents (since I just bought both these for myself in the DDD sale, d'oh).

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator
Also worked fine for me. I bought the following Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse Club, Complete Pluto, Mickey Mouse in Black and White volume 2. All for $44!!!:D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Yeah, pretty sure if I hadn't cancelled my existing card I'd have been able to use the $30 credit just for applying t a card I already had. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

If you apply, and don't get an instant response it's apparently set up to automatically give you the credit when you get an Amazon card. Since I already had one registered on the site it immediately showed up there. Then, my order went through, but rejected the card since I'd called to cancel. Won't be getting a new one either. Oh well. May someone else enjoy the scamming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks