What's new

Amazon.com Save $100 on a bluray player (1 Viewer)

hondaclf

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I just ordered one last night as an Xmas gift for my dad(came out to about $210 for the player and four bluray movies). Amazon already has some good prices and this makes it even better. You have to get 4 BluRay titles(can be good to start the collection) from a selected few but I found 4 that worked for me. You can choose from 12 players and 22 titles. If your just looking for the player you can get a Samsung profile 1.1 for about $200(before discount) or you can get the big daddy Denon for $1500(before discount) with the others scattered in between and movies from $17-26. It's the best deal I've been able to find with most places selling the cheapest players for $200(who wants an Insignia anyway?).

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Hmmm....it says on the form that "Store receipts must emanate from same state as consumer address".

That's weird. Does that mean you can't mail-order the player to take advantage of the 2 free-BluRay deal?

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Quick update: The page says the coupon code is WARNERBD, but that gives you an expired notice. However BLUWA100 (the original code) still seems to work. The Panasonic DMP-BD35K is right around $230 at the moment.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Both of the Netflix-enabled players are included in this: LG BD300 and Samsung BD-P2500. At least those are the only players Netflix mentions on their site.

For those who haven't checked amazon yet, many of the discs are under $20, so with the $100 discount you are getting the movies free plus a bit off the player.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, even though the offer page clearly says WARNERBD and that this is good til Dec 31, I get the expired message with that one, and with BLUWA100 I get a different message: "We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

I've checked several times and everything complies with the rules. It's odd that the error message is different. I haven't had this much trouble ordering from amazon before.

Anyone know of other codes?

Edit- now the link in David Norman's post does not mention this offer at all.

The past few days, every time I looked at any of the items in the offer, it mentioned this special.

I tried logging out and deleting all my amazon cookies, no luck. Almost like they don't want my $350. Very un-amazon of them, if they have pulled this offer 20 days before the stated expiration.

If I find something that works, I'll post it here.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I was checking the offer earlier today; it was on the Blu-ray deal page, then later it was gone. I think the BLUWA100 code was updated to WARNERBD, but it might be gone now. Maybe the offer is getting updated - with better movie choices?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I ended up getting the BD35 elsewhere - it was $197 shipped from hhgregg.com.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I hope it comes back, since otherwise there is no great rush for me to order a player at regular price. I wasn't ordering for Christmas.

It's so obvious to bundle a player with free movies (which is what this was, although it was stated as $100 off) that I'm surprised I'm not seeing other retailers or manufacturers with something similar when it is 2 weeks before Christmas. I keep reading that "they" are having trouble selling players due to people not wanting to spend money or thinking that DVD is good enough or whatever else... so where are the deals to lure us in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks