Amazon.com - Resellng Opened DVDS?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul.Mc, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Paul.Mc

Paul.Mc Agent

I recently ordered 4 Disney Treasures DVD's from Amazon - The 3 for this year, plus Silly Symphonies, and 3 of the 4 arrived without the title sticker on the top sealing the tin (and the 4th, although sealed, was a "floater" [​IMG] ). Although all the discs without the sticker were shrink-wrapped, and on inspection seem complete and undamaged / mint, is there an opinion on if I should send them back and express my displeasure or just keep them?
    Thanks.

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Everywhere I've seen the recent tins I've noticed that not all have the title labels on the top. Two of the three I ordered (not from Amazon) arrived without the labels, too.
    I'm sure it's just a packaging glitch. Maybe they ran out of labels or had a problem on the assembly line. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the discs are fine.

Another way to tell if they're in original shrink-wrap is to look for Disney's "Magic Castle" logo somewhere on the wrap. It's usually very small in white ink.

3. Paul.Mc

Paul.Mc Agent

Searching through the trash I found that probably only 2 of the 4 actually came without the "top" stickers. Thing is, one of the tins that didn't have a sticker really looks like there was one there at some time (by the markings on the tin). All the shrink I could find in the trash did have the little Disney imprint on it, but I'm missing one. I haven't been to a store since I received the discs to check out inventory there to see if the ones there also are "tagless" myself...