What's new

AMAZON.COM overnight astronomical increase in Import Fees (1 Viewer)

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
On Sept. 2nd I placed an order with Importcds using the Amazon.ca site. The order shipped a few days later and my credit card was charged, but the order was never delivered. I contacted Importcds three times, but they did not bother to reply. Amazon.ca refunded my purchase, but my experience is that importcds is not a good choice for Canadian orders.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
On Sept. 2nd I placed an order with Importcds using the Amazon.ca site. The order shipped a few days later and my credit card was charged, but the order was never delivered. I contacted Importcds three times, but they did not bother to reply. Amazon.ca refunded my purchase, but my experience is that importcds is not a good choice for Canadian orders.
Based on your horrible experience, it appears that ImportCDs service has further deteriorated even since I dealt with them in June. I was fortunate enough to eventually receive my order, but I was appalled by their schizoid customer service and policy implementations. On example was being told that while ordering from ImportCDs via Amazon meant having to wait 45 days before putting in a refund claim, ordering from directly from their own website meant having to wait 60 days! Say what?

What makes this hard on me, is that when ImportCDs was reliable, they were the fastest next to Amazon.ca in terms of my receiving shipment from the time I placed my order with them, which I did via Amazon.ca. 5-7 days was about the average. However, if I recall correctly, my last order from them took an unacceptable (to me!) 35 days to arrive (I've had Amazon UK orders arrive quicker than that!), and I'm being told to wait longer to file a refund claim on top of that! That last bit was what really set me off, as Amazon's policy for that is 30 days, and it was my understanding that their third party merchants are supposed to adhere to this, no?

So ImportCds wouldn't even reply in your repeated attempts to contact them, Larry? Unbelievable!

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
Importcds never did reply. I waited four weeks before contacting them the first time about my order, and then about two weeks later the second time, and another two weeks for the third and final attempt. It was obvious they had no interest in my order, after all they had been paid. I can understand orders being lost in the mail, but to totally ignore inquiries is pathetic customer service. Shortly after two months waiting, Amazon.ca refunded my credit card. Now almost four months later the order has not arrived. If it did, which I'm not expecting, I don't know if I would let them know or if they would even care.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Importcds never did reply. I waited four weeks before contacting them the first time about my order, and then about two weeks later the second time, and another two weeks for the third and final attempt. It was obvious they had no interest in my order, after all they had been paid. I can understand orders being lost in the mail, but to totally ignore inquiries is pathetic customer service. Shortly after two months waiting, Amazon.ca refunded my credit card. Now almost four months later the order has not arrived. If it did, which I'm not expecting, I don't know if I would let them know or if they would even care.
What really sucks regarding ImportCds service having gone down the toilet, is a lot of times they'll have titles that nobody else has, and at very reasonable prices. However, your experience just further reinforces my stance in not ordering anything more from them. My entertainment budget is pretty limited these days, as it stands, so I suppose that sometimes it may be a case of doing without getting a certain title, anyway!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have an elegantly simple solution. We live about 1 hour from Toronto, and have a US post office box in Buffalo, near the Walden Galeria mall. Amazon.com is one of the few companies that doesn't mind delivering to a PO box.
I make an order about once a month and it is waiting for me when I arrive. We also get several US magazines delivered there at a fraction of the cost here. The PO box is accessible even whe the rest of the post office is closed. Anything that does not fit in our letter sized box is placed in larger temporary boxes, and we get the key to open them in our box.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I have an elegantly simple solution. We live about 1 hour from Toronto, and have a US post office box in Buffalo, near the Walden Galeria mall. Amazon.com is one of the few companies that doesn't mind delivering to a PO box.
I make an order about once a month and it is waiting for me when I arrive. We also get several US magazines delivered there at a fraction of the cost here. The PO box is accessible even whe the rest of the post office is closed. Anything that does not fit in our letter sized box is placed in larger temporary boxes, and we get the key to open them in our box.
That's great provided you don't get nailed by Canada Customs, although I suppose your method beats the alternative, at present!

Unfortunately for us, we neither drive, nor live anywhere near the U.S. Border at present.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
That's great provided you don't get nailed by Canada Customs, although I suppose your method beats the alternative, at present!

Unfortunately for us, we neither drive, nor live anywhere near the U.S. Border at present.

Yes you are right about living close. We always declare everything, and unless our purchases for the day do not come to more than $100.00, we have yet to be charged tax or duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks