What's new

Amazon.com and unreleased dvd titles (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I have noticed that there are a fair number of very good older movie titles that Amazon at least encourages in their own way to influence the studio(s) into releasing them on dvd by registering your email address. Have they played an influential role in this to any degree? Lastly do any of the members of this forum use it and/or support it? Thankyou for your input on this subject.;)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I have noticed that there are a fair number of very good older movie titles that Amazon at least encourages in their own way to influence the studio(s) into releasing them on dvd by registering your email address.
I'm not sure how it influences studios, since they don't share your name and e-mail address with those studios, so the studios have no way of knowing what interest has been shown in a given title. At least, they sure as hell shouldn't be sharing that information, as it is a blatant violation of their privacy policy and not a very good idea.

DJ

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I thought it was more of a: "hey, look at how many people have expressed an interest in owning title XYZ" - an indicator of potential demand??

Angela

Users who are viewing this thread