What's new

Amazon.com and a May 5 release day let-down. 8-( (1 Viewer)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mine was shipped today and UPS tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow (5/7).

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Thanks Ron and everyone else who participated in this thread.
It's much appreciated.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

As I also stated in my first post, " most of my pre-ordered BD's are received via 2-day UPS from Amazon on release day". That is also a record of hundreds of BD orders.:cool: I'm not upset over it either, because of the good record they've made, just disappointed about not receiving the discs on Cinco de Mayo.:frowning:

It's good to have a place like the HTF where one can go to see if others are having the same experience, because Amazon is definitely not a Mom & Pop store where one person knows what's going on. Through no ones fault it's next to impossible to find out what really happens with their glitches.:crazy:

FYI:

My standing pre-order instructions are to always ship via Amazon Prime 2-day.

History wise, most of my BD orders from Amazon will originate shipments from Sparks, Nevada - 2-day UPS - and I receive them the next day.

It's interesting that in the case of "Grease" (BD) the shipment originated from Memphis, TN, sent via FedEx, but I still got it in one day (today).

"The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button" (BD) originated from Louisville KY, sent via UPS, and I received it in one day (today).

Just glad this doesn't happen often.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Regards,

Paul

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Amazon must have had a supply issue with these titles. My order for Grease and Ferris Bueller didn't ship until Thursday. I always pick the free shipping (orders of $25 or more), but my orders almost always ship out on Monday or Tuesday.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I received my BD of "Grease" yesterday. I did not watch it yesterday evening as I had to work OT & then was occupied with watching the Red Wings victory. I'll check the disc out tonight. It should be a fun viewing!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks