What's new

Amazon CA Free Shipping? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I ordered the latest Godzilla in 3D from them and I Amazon says spend $35 CA and shipping is free. Which makes me wonder if this would be good for shipping to the US? The shipping on my one blu ray was almost $8 US so spending a little more could save money.

I don’t think there’s a VAT, I didn’t notice one.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
The 3D version of "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" is available on the Amazon US site for $27.47.

Given that, why would you go to the trouble of ordering from the Amazon Canada site?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Shipping isn;t free to the US regardless of the amt spent -- unless something has changed drastically. $35 for FS is for Domestic orders only very much like AmazonUS. Ordering several items does rapidly decrease the average shipping charge per item. The same goes for AmazonCA (or UK/DE/etc) PRIME -- FS is only on Domestic orders. Their isn't a VAT (HST) to be subtracted -- CA is like the US and adds Sales Tax after you go through checkout if you have a CA shipping address.

I have ordered several of the Warner 3D from Canada near release day. The $8 shipping seemed to buy me 2 day delivery so like AmazonJP shipping being on the high end initially, it appears to be express shipping only which is pretty cheap compared to most International 1-2 shipping charges. JP still packages better than Amazon/ca.

The one advantage (for those that care) was a slipcover for many of these Warner 3D titles which were released in teh US without a slip UNLESS it had a BBY exclusive. Most of the recent Warner 3D releases did have at least a small run of the BBY exclusive so it's been a year since I last ordered from CA. Downside in the slipcover often had some French writing on the cover which seems to drive some people batty.

Digital codes usually don't work from Canada unless you use a VPN and sign in from Canada -- I don't know if that still works now that UV is shut down. Warner has been very good about exchnging international digital codes for US codes just by asking though as long as the US item had a Digital included.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The 3D version of "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" is available on the Amazon US site for $27.47.

Given that, why would you go to the trouble of ordering from the Amazon Canada site?
The Amazon US version has only one disc, which means no extras.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Amazon US version has only one disc, which means no extras.

I don;t think that's true. It doesn't appear that Amazon has a 3D only disc of King of Monsters. The only item I've seen listed is the std WAC sourced version

Of course I still wouldn't order a Warner title from them, but it appears they're stopped doing those castrated versions.

Pokemon 3D didn't get an AMazon Exclusive and I don't think either Shazam 3D or Lego Movie 2 had one so it's been awhile. The description say 1 disc, but show pictures of the normal release. It's possible it's mislisted, but I can't track down any posts that say they received anything other than the std Warner item.
Aquaman is the last Warner that appears to have one of those Amazon Exclusives.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don;t think that's true. It doesn't appear that Amazon has a 3D only disc of King of Monsters. The only item I've seen listed is the std WAC sourced version

Of course I still wouldn't order a Warner title from them, but it appears they're stopped doing those castrated versions.

Pokemon 3D didn't get an AMazon Exclusive either
I just searched this morning and it said 1 disc. I just tried to find it, and now I can't find the 3D release.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It says one disc and shows the pic of the std 2 disc release though. It's also not listed as an Exclusive in the description like all the prior Amazon Only items were. The ASIN traces to the normal UPC as well so it appears the Amazon Disc count is most likely mistaken.

One of any number of reasons to avoid Amazon since you can never really tell which part of their description is incorrect (I've gotten the BBY items at release). All the people that have ordered from Amazon for Shazam and Godzilla have received the normal Warner release so unless someone reports otherwise I have to go with the assumption that there isn't an Amazon Exclusive item (and hopefully scuttled permanently)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Just received Blus of Godzilla — included slip case and 2D disc with 3D plus digital and MIB International — included slip case with Blu, DVD, and digital. — of course no 3D for the latter :(

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just want the movie in 3D, could care less about anything else with the disc. :3dglasses:
I’m a person who wants the extras, particularly a commentary. These are rarely (I haven’t seen it) on the 3D disc, so without the 2D blu, I feel I’m missing out.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just received Blus of Godzilla — included slip case and 2D disc with 3D plus digital and MIB International — included slip case with Blu, DVD, and digital. — of course no 3D for the latter :(
You mean no 3D for the digital copy?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You mean no 3D for the digital copy?

More like -- MIB International doesn;t have a 3D release anywhere

Japan doesn't appear to have spoken yet, but so far it's zero

Do you have any digital copies that redeemed in 3D. This discussion was brought up on the other forum and only a few ever gave 3D directly, some would redeem 3D through Instawatch when WM carried 3D directly

I don't think 3D via streaming ever worked that well.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I’m a person who wants the extras, particularly a commentary. These are rarely (I haven’t seen it) on the 3D disc, so without the 2D blu, I feel I’m missing out.

You could be the only person...:rolleyes: I've only listened to one commentary and that one was for C.H.U.D.

...good for you Johhny. In all of my collecting years since you could tape movies from cable with your VHS tape and that includes VHS (Super VHS), LD, DVD, BD and now UHD...I've owned them all. From 4K to DVD and BD and UHD.

Out of the blue, I decided to listen to the commentary for C.H.U.D. Wow , what a commentary. I swear both John Heard and Daniel Stern were not of sound mind. What a fun commentary and you have to hear it to really appreciate it and it's almost better than the movie...yikes! :dance:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
From AmazonCA or elsewhere?
Sorry, A.ca. I live in Canada! The problem I see with A.ca is that they tend to list items for the first time, long after they have been available on other A’s for pre-order.

Their distribution centre is 30 minutes from me and due to the exchange rate often less expensive for a Canadian so I tend to panic and order from over seas and the USA, then cancel that order and order locally. There is no listing yet for Star Trek Discovery Season 2 or The Orville Season 2 for instance.

Recently I ordered a Blu from A.de, cancelled it and re-ordered from A.uk, then cancelled that and ordered from A.com. then finally cancelled that and ordered from A.ca.!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
More like -- MIB International doesn;t have a 3D release anywhere

Sony appears to have dropped worldwide home 3D support for most releases as of last summer, Spiderverse and Far From Home appear to be the exception to the new rule. “Alpha” was made for 3D and was terrific visually (like “Gravity” for dogs and the wilderness) but there isn’t a 3D disc anywhere, which is a damn shame. I think a lot of 3D fans on this forum would have liked it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Sorry, A.ca. I live in Canada! The problem I see with A.ca is that they tend to list items for the first time, long after they have been available on other A’s for pre-order.

Their distribution centre is 30 minutes from me and due to the exchange rate often less expensive for a Canadian so I tend to panic and order from over seas and the USA, then cancel that order and order locally. There is no listing yet for Star Trek Discovery Season 2 or The Orville Season 2 for instance.

Recently I ordered a Blu from A.de, cancelled it and re-ordered from A.uk, then cancelled that and ordered from A.com. then finally cancelled that and ordered from A.ca.!

In the voice of Vinnie Barbarino..."I'm so confused!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks