What's new

Amazon.ca and The Rat Patrol (1 Viewer)

Just a question to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

I pre ordered The Rat Patrol: season 1 from Amazon.ca

I expected it to ship on schedule, just like the dozens of other items I've ordered from them in the past.

When it didn't ship, and the release date had passed us by, I checked their site and found them offering shipping in 5-13 days.

I just recently looked again, and now they say shipping is in 5-8 weeks!

I've written them for some information, but have yet to hear anything!

On top of all that, now they have removed the listing for Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea: Season 1 from their site.

Not a good day for me.

Cheers,

Jim

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
5 to 8 weeks is probably their way of saying "It'll be back in but we don't know when". I doubt it'll actually take that long to get to you. That's only a guess though.

The positive side of that is that the set must have outsold Amazon's expectations. :)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'm wondering if possibly those items weren't released in Canada? amazon.ca often offers U.S./U.S.-only releases until shortly after release date, then makes them unavailable or with very long lead times. I've noticed this a few times lately for things not released in Canada. The identical items are available to ship within 24 hours on amazon.com. (I'm waiting for one item from .ca for 2+ months so far that ships immediately from .com but can't cancel it because it would screw up the free shipping I got on the rest of that order already sent...I think you know what I mean...bummer.:) )

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Jim-
What happens at Amazon.Ca is that often the ASIN # they assign to an item for pre-order is changed for some internal reason and your order can go dead while the item is reassigned under a different listing. This is the case with "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", and you can find it now for pre-order here at Amazon.Ca...
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...Fencoding=UTF8

Unfortunately I can't help you with the status of the Rat Patrol, I suggest you call their extremely helpful customer service at 1-877-586-3230 if you've had no luck with your E-mail queries.
Good luck!

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Straying slightly from the Amazon topic, last week I went looking for the "Rat Patrol" set at my local stores, thinking it would be easy to grab. Well, it wasn't at my Best Buy, nor my Suncoast, nor my Circuit City, nor my Barnes & Noble. Guess I'm going to have to order the darned thing. I really wasn't expecting such difficulty finding this title.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Just fnished the 1st ep. Great quality transfer! Almost a blind-buy for me....been many years since I've seen this series.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator
I've just noticed that my Amazon.ca order for "The Rat Patrol" has been upgraded to "shipping soon" status, which usually means it will be shipped before the close of business today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks